Quality Engineer Flight Operations IT (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depends on local regulations
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
The Quality Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused software delivery practices, ensuring high quality of software products and services with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods and with a DevSecOps mindset. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Quality Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables quality engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in creating flawlessly working software solutions for our customers, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with the team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation
- You will use your deep technical skills to work with the team on defining, executing, and maintaining efficient, highly automated test setups over the whole testing pyramid, from functional testing, integration and contract testing to performance and load testing. You are responsible for defining an appropriate testing strategy and ensuring the availability of suitable test data. You will also help to realise efficient solution for assuring quality where automation comes up against its limitations
- You will coach and support your colleagues with deep knowledge to improve expertise in ensuring the quality of software products over the whole cycle of designing, building, testing, and deploying applications
- You will help to continuously advance tooling, processes, and ways of working, always having our customers in mind, and thus embed all-team quality ownership
- You will also work with Product Owners to ensure testable feature specifications and champion approaches like test-driven development or behaviour-driven development
- You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation
- You can verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes
- Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate, and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team
- You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level
- You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas
- Deep and practical knowledge of and expertise in quality assurance practices, tools and methods in an agile context and at scale for our iPad and web applications for Pilots and Cabin Crew
- Strong technical prowess in all quality assurance areas including automation, functional, contract, integration, performance and load testing as well as software engineering practices like BDD and TDD
- Experience in quality engineering for mobile & web applications as well as cloud-based backend services.
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Proficient understanding of the Atlassian Suite (JIRA and Confluence)
- Experience with test tools such as TestRail or Zephyr and their integration with Atlassian Suite
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Be honest and trustworthy as well fair to your pairs
- Experience working in Agile and with remote, co-located teams
- Fluent in written and spoken English
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.