(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Depends on local agreements
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotley from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
*Feel free to apply in English or German.
As a Data Engineer within our Data and Analytics function, you will play a pivotal role in technically delivering our data and analytical products alongside a multi-disciplinary team of engineering, analytics, science and BI developers. You will be part of a cross functional team in the area of customer experience, digital and marketing, working close with our business stakeholders in order to enable truly data driven decision processes.
ABOUT THE JOB
This role will act as a bridge between our backend IT function and the wider global analytics team and is focused on delivering crucial data solutions to meet the needs of the business.
- You will manage the pipelining (collection, storage, access), engineering (cleansing, feature creation / selection) and understanding (documentation, exploration) of the data;
- Acquire, create and manage innovative data assets for the team. These assets will draw from various sources – internal and external systems, flat files, databases and external APIs;
- Evaluate user requests for new or re-engineered analytics and reporting solutions to determine their feasibility, time requirements and their compatibility with current systems and architecture standards;
- Active participation in the development of the data lake, data marts and subsequent enhancements, including the creation of new data solutions to support development of analytic capabilities;
- Interact with stakeholders regarding data availability and report format/presentation, to ensure the report provides the information the stakeholders need without compromising the report’s accuracy.
- The ability to design, implement and use effective database structures to ensure data is organised effectively and ready for downstream development of data science and analytics;
- Experience working in a structured environment and desire for good documentation, exceptional delivery, effective organisation, and high-quality communication;
- Experience of Big Data platforms, enabling non-technical users to gain insights into key business metrics;
- Hands on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. S3, Snowflake, Athena, Glue);
- Feeling comfortable using AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and Airflow;
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills; hands-on ELT experience using tools like Streams and Tasks or DBT
- Familiarity with a traditional BI application such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire
- Knowledge of data types including JSON, XML, YAML is a plus
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts and best practices (e.g. ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes, Data Vault).
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.