Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Senior Product Owner - Data Science
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
As a Senior Data Science Product Owner, you will be accountable for the design and development of the analytical solutions using a variety of technologies, and techniques, working alongside IT, business and data science colleagues, across the TUI Group source markets. We are looking for experienced Senior Data Science Product Owners to become part of our ambitious commercial analytics team, as we embark on an exciting transformation developing a single data platform. You will be working with the latest technology, with access to ongoing learning and opportunities for self-development, whilst establishing yourself in our global network of experts. We are an international team with people based in multiple markets across Europe and we aim to design solutions to be deployed across multiple markets so although location is flexible some travel will be required.
TUI group sees the application of data and analytics as a core source of competitive advantage in the drive to deliver market leading personalised customer experiences which maximise the value captured from our extensive product range whilst operating at maximum efficiency. This is a great time to join the team which is taking a key role in driving the digital transformation within TUI by developing new data solutions across the business.
TUI has always been a data driven business. The team has developed and manages an in-house yield solution automating the management of 50 million prices on an hourly basis and now deployed across 4 markets in the group. TUI are significantly investing in the area of data science both from a technology and people perspective including new investments in training and we have a number of ambitious projects in progress across commercial, digital, airline and customer. You will work alongside and learn from our global network of analytics and data experts and have the opportunity to shape your career in a wide variety of different roles across the global analytics teams.
This role can be based in either our Luton, Hannover, Rijswijk, Oostende or Stockholm office.
Closing Date: 5th March 2021
How you will make an impact as a Senior Data Science Product Owner
There are many ways for you to get involved:
As a Senior Data Science Product Owner, you may have sole responsibility for a data science product or may have specific areas of focus for a larger product. You will need to work with multiple senior stakeholders to deliver business value playing roles at all stages of the solution development cycle. You will be expected to understand the business problem and identify potential data solutions. You will have a key role in structuring, scoping the solutions and prioritising work. You are also likely to be involved in the development of solutions and ensuring successful implementation and driving the benefits from the solution. You may work across multiple projects and will normally be part of a larger agile team of developers, architects and data scientists. You may also have a role to coach and manage more junior analytics team members.
We are currently working on a number of very important and interesting projects, which use leading edge technology and are key to TUI’s growth plans with high visibility at the executive level.
There has never been a more exciting time to join the team.
What you will bring as a Senior Data Science Product Owner
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Proven experience of structuring and solving complex business problems using data and technology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Comfortable managing and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Structured and logical thinker with strong financial and commercial acumen.
- A strong background in analytics with hands on experience in developing data and analytics solutions
- Strong interest in technology and commitment to application of data and science in decision-making.
- Customer and internal client centric – working in partnership with both internal “customers”, and external customers, balancing this with commercial and business drivers and goals.
- Experience working across boundaries and with multi-cultural teams.
- Proactive attitude and approach.
- Self-motivated individual who takes initiative and works collaboratively;
- Ability to manage ambiguity and quickly adapt to changes in priority;
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA