Full Stack Software Engineer Crew Optimiser (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depending on local agreements
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
*Feel free to apply in English or German.
At TUI Airline IT Operations, we are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to help us build functional systems that improve customer experience and drive innovation in an agile development environment.
You will be fully involved in the design and development of technical solutions that are designed to leverage the benefits of cloud computing and deliver our teams vision “To Explore, Innovate and Build at Velocity using latest Tech to drive business evolution”. Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately, and securely.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Development of software around the airlines crew rostering optimisation system “Carmen”, which is supplied by Jeppesen Systems
- Gaining an in-depth knowledge of optimisation system and other airlines operational systems
- Maintaining, designing and writing with Python and RAVE (parsing, file processing, process automation)
- Maintenance, testing and version control of code using Git, Maintenance, design and coding of the “user layer” that surrounds the Carmen Optimiser
- Working with users, suppliers and the Airline IT Team to produce high quality stories for development
- Development of new applications and enhancements to existing ones using AWS cloud components and applying DevSecOps methodology from the start.
- Actively working with IT suppliers to ensure they follow ‘development good practice’ (e.g. design models, specifications)
- Provide 3rd level applications support in your specialist area, ensuring application incidents are dealt with in a timely manner
- Maintain Gitlab CI/CD pipeline for automated deployments following Security best practices
- Working in Jira and Confluence alongside team working on a 3 week sprints software delivery cycle
- Studies in computer science, comparable training or comparable knowledge and practical experience
- Comfortable working in agile working environment
- Willing to learn the Jeppesen proprietary modelling language RAVE, which is used to manage the configuration layer of the optimisation system
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL, good working knowledge of AWS, good knowledge of Linux/Unix environments
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows
- Familiar with REST and SOAP AP, DevOps tools like Gitlab, CircleCI, Jenkins, Configuration Automation tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation,
- Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes and the technology’s possible capabilities for deployment
- Understanding of Network and Hardware technologies and architecture
We’re less concerned about grades and transcripts and more interested in how you think.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday and christmas bonuses, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.