Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Information Security Manager
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
As an ISM within our Information Security Team you will perform a crucial role in protecting our Domains.
At TUI, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,800 travel agencies and leading online portals, six airlines with more than 130 aircraft, over 300 hotels with 210,000 beds, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. All this enables us to provide our 30 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic our ways of working are a bit different just now with most of our colleagues working from home all the time. Most colleagues worked from home at least a couple of days a week before the current situation, as looking after our colleague’s welfare is important to us. However, it’s very likely this role will begin with you being based at home, there will be lots of opportunities to connect with your colleagues via technology, and when we can get together face-to-face, we will.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an ISM you will promote a security first culture at TUI. You will contribute to the creation, iteration and maintenance of an information security strategy to address the evolving business risk and empower the Domain to deliver the prioritised roadmap. You will lead the collaboration with stakeholders to communicate and embed secure ways of working. This will include protecting the TUI brand and its customers, detecting and responding to incidents, strengthening our defences, reducing the attack surface and securing our behaviours.
You will drive adoption of and adherence to security policies, standards and controls through the provision of expert advice and guidance. Protect our most critical assets and ensure appropriate assurance and rigorous testing is in place. You will ensure local security incidents are managed effectively, and that that lessons learned and audit findings are remediated. Ensure effective security operations (e.g. vulnerability scanning, patching). Protect the integrity, availability, authenticity, non-repudiation and confidentiality of information and data in storage and in transit. Manage risk in a pragmatic and cost effective manner to ensure stakeholder confidence. You will report on the overall effectiveness of the security programme on the Domain against defined key performance indicators, and drive continuous improvement.
Our information security team works in collaboration with business and IT teams across our many businesses. You will build strong working relationships influence others to do the right thing to Protect our Smile.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Demonstrable experience of leading and information security capability for a large business unit.
- Good understanding of security within agile development processes, and in Amazon Web Services.
- Adept understanding of security operations.
- CISSP/CISM/CISA certified preferred.
- Good understanding of the international regulatory context, particularly data privacy.
- Good understanding of standards and frameworks such as NIST, PCI, OWASP, ITIL and COBIT.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to determine effective course of action.
- Strong communication skills, experienced at gaining commitment at business unit board level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work well with technical and non-technical colleagues around the world.
- Goal orientated to maintain focus on agreed objectives and deliverables.
- Problem solving skills to identify creative and elegant solutions.
- Strong commercial acumen when taking actions or making decisions.
- Good organisational awareness and able to identify the decision makers and influencers.
- Ability to understand the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other teams.
TUI and you
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
TUI Group’s vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 70,000 employees internationally, across more than 100 countries. The Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with more than 150 aircraft, over 380 hotels, twelve cruise liners and countless incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. Just as travel is about exploration, we are on a continuous journey to make our work culture more inclusive. Spending time with us, whether you are at work or on holiday, enables you to relax and be yourself in a safe environment. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA