Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Delivery Manager (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Web Platforms Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for delivery and operation of all E-commerce solutions and products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Web Platforms technology organisation which powers TUI’s global e-commerce services and solutions across all European markets.
As the Delivery Manager (m/f/d) you show experience in agile transformations involving Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), test automation frameworks. Technical experience and leadership are key to promote continuous improvement and delivery with a keen focus on driving business agility and customer value. E-Commerce/Retail/Travel/Digital Experience within an Enterprise business. Experience with Cloud solutions such as AWS. Technical acumen with significant prior experience in software development technologies; keeping pace with technical innovation. Senior stakeholder management is key. Passion about introducing efficiencies to the delivery methodology and establishing a continuous improvement mindset.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Technical ownership of digital products and/or components in terms of being fully accountable for the efficiency, quality, and effective implementation of the relevant components / digital products
- Work closely with the key business customers, stakeholders, external partners and all groups within the organisation to implement, evolve, support and own the software and system components to appropriate quality standards
- Financial accountability including estimation and forecasting of developments.
- Resource planning and assignment of TUI employees and 3rd party employees
- Negotiating and re-negotiating contracts with suppliers, through TUI Commercial team, to ensure contracts are structured to support high-quality, cost effective delivery, in line with the way the chosen delivery methodology requires
- Work closely together with Business Leads, Project Managers, Product Owners and Business Partners, ensuring scheduling alignment for delivery of components within the wider release schedule
- Lead daily stand-ups with delivery teams and effectively manage expectations of IT and Business Stakeholders
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged – coordinate with relevant parties for planning to ensure smooth delivery of projects (e.g. business for UAT, Release Management, Infrastructure team for environments etc.)
Establish Processes and Methodologies
- Use a variety of agile and lean tools and techniques in order to help your teams keep a delivery and learning cadence
- Lead in retaining focus on delivering value against the product vision
- Help teams to reduce waste, errors and rework through identifying root causes and implementing a behaviour of continuous improvement
- Strong experience of leading and line managing teams including career development and performance management
- Translate the company vision the team’s context, motivate and support them with continuous learning and training opportunities
- Coach and mentor your teams and suppliers sitting within the team
- Ensure all proper ceremonies are in place and followed by the team
- Responsible for tracking supplier and team metrics
- First class technical leadership of the software development team including clear and concise technical guidance.
- Implement industry best practice processes and quality measurements across Development.
- Engagement with Project Managers on delivery of specific project deliverables and assist in planning, tracking and execution of overall project plan
- Work closely with the QA Manager to create a one-team approach between the development and QA teams to provide a high-quality development cycle and an efficient and successful working environment.
- Work closely with Business Partners to understand and plan deliveries based on the overall portfolio objectives and business priorities – effectively plan and manage complex priorities based on risk and reward.
- Interact effectively with the Project Managers, Portfolio Management, Product Management, Architecture, Solution Design, Services Delivery and Support teams to ensure we build the quality products to support our business goals and customer experience.
- Liaising with senior members of supplier organisations both on-shore and offshore. Ensuring focus is on delivering quality in a cost-effective manner from the suppliers.
- Assisting in the planning of the delivery of the backlog of defects and all types of changes
- Close interaction with application design to maximize reuse of software components
- Ensure accurate and achievable production schedules alongside clear capacity planning.
- Improve processes and relationships for resolving customer support, project and product escalations.
- Proposing and achieving key performance indicators and reporting requirements.
- Reduce errors and rework and implement a measurable quality improvement program.
- Ability to understand and challenge estimations and proposed delivery costs.
- Identify and implement opportunities to flex resource between products and projects.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Several years of experience in a comparable position interacting ideally in travel industry.
- The ability to absorb complex technical and creative concepts and communicate them effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of information systems and deep understanding of area(s) of specialization.
- Proactive with keeping both own and team’s skills up to date and maintain awareness of developments.
- Acts as a Leader, involved in helping others grow, improving the team’s performance, and creating an environment in which the members feel that they are part of the team.
- Profound knowledge in agile software development.
- Excellent communicator in English.
TUI and you
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions;
- Employee benefits on travel;
- Life Long Learning (online/offline);
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.