Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will define business and technical requirements and have a hands-on role in the development lifecycle, working across TUI Group source markets. We are looking for experienced, business intelligence professionals to become part of our ambitious team as we embark on an exciting transformation developing a single data platform. You will be working with the latest technology, with access to ongoing learning and opportunities for self-development, whilst establishing yourself in our global network of experts.
Investment in data and analytics is critical to TUI’s future strategy to enable to us to respond to customer needs and optimize our sales across multiple markets. To support this, we are developing a new data platform to capture raw data from all source markets to integrate into a cloud-based data lake and commercial data warehouse. Based on initial success we are looking to further accelerate the investment and so are looking for talented and curious individuals to join the team. We will capture and integrate data from sourcing, inventory, profitability and booking systems and other external data. This will be used to create reports, dashboards, analytical models and provide input to advanced yield management techniques including artificial intelligence and machine learning. As part of its customer driven strategy, TUI is continually developing and adapting its product portfolio and methods of distribution and are seeking to continually improve both the speed and accuracy of decision making through analytics.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join us as we embark on this exciting journey to work across TUI Group source markets to determine data availability, reporting requirements, define development work required and ensure that they are built, tested and supported.
This role can be based in either our Luton, Hannover, Rijswijk, Oostende or Stockholm office.
How you will make an impact as a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
There are many ways for you to get involved:
Data requirements: You’ll be working with business users to understand business and data requirements and ensure that these are properly understood and documented. Using various methods and tools you will review detailed reporting requirements and develop and document use cases for the relevant business areas.
Reporting requirements: Working with end-users across various business functions you’ll be evaluating and shaping the best reporting solution. You will understand the business problems and document reporting or dashboard requirements. You will need to fully understand not just what report is required, but what business problem they are trying to solve and using your in-depth knowledge of the business and data sources.
Report building: Building, deploying and maintaining reports you’ll ensure these are accurate, effective, understood by the business users and are in line with company development and design standards.
Data sourcing: You’ll carry out detailed analysis of multiple source data sets. You will need to fully understand data structures and attributes and be familiar with high level underlying business processes used to populate the source systems.
Definition: We will look to you to produce detailed technical requirements including data modelling, source to target mapping, data transformations, data conformation, data mapping and non-functional requirements. These will need to be documented and user stories created for data engineering to work from for development.
Development lifecycle: You will work closely with the data engineering team during the development phase, answering any questions required and clarifying any data issues raised. You will also be working directly on data transformations using SQL. You will be responsible for the first pass of user acceptance testing and will ensure that the relevant business users carry out UAT before go-live.
Data support: You’ll provide support for data issues and ensure that any resolutions required are documented and added to the development backlog. As the subject matter expert, you will provide data understanding support in the team and help with advanced queries where required.
What you will bring as a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Extensive practical experience of business and technical analysis for large scale data warehouse projects.
- Experience of working with stakeholders and other developers within a BI reporting environment to understand and define user requirements for reporting and visualisations
- Proven high level of technical expertise in BI environments including modern database design and principals with advanced understanding and practical experience of SQL
- Extensive experience of engaging with technical and non-technical users to gather, understand and document business requirements, produce appropriate reports and visualisations
- Advanced SQL skills with broad experience and understanding of data warehouse models and principles
- Experience of managing the expectations of internal clients and stakeholders whilst supporting reporting users to best make use of the technology and the data opportunities that exist to support their departmental initiatives
- Highly numerate
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills
TUI and you
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme, life assurance and options to buy shares
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com