Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Java Developer (f/m/d) DestiLink
Digital & Technology
For TUI Group IT we are looking for a Java Developer (f/m/d) as part of an independent software development team for the further development of our applications in the area of hotel purchasing.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
To ensure that TUI can put a smile on the faces of its guests day after day, the IT of the world’s leading tourism group ensures smooth processes. With a great deal of passion for technology and expertise, TUI Infotec is driving the digital transformation forward. Innovative solutions are created for customers and guests by bringing together the right people and suitable technologies. Know-how and fun with digitalisation, reliability, uniqueness and an open approach to new technologies are what make the company stand out. Flexibility is written in capital letters – TUI Infotec offers an agile, dynamic environment that is characterised by the search for new ideas and the corresponding willingness to change.
As a Java Developer (f/m/d) you will ensure as a member of a Scrum team that the international hotel purchasing of the TUI Group is optimally supported on the IT side and that our accommodations are thus available for our guests worldwide. Together with the team, you plan and develop sustainable and future-proof applications and implement them in sprints. As an agile and powerful team, we feel responsible for the product end-to-end and, in addition to further development, also ensure smooth operation.Your focus is on the conception and programming of the applications, based on the latest technologies, such as the latest Java version including Springframework, a microservice-oriented implementation with Kubernetes and Kafka, based on AWS Cloud.
Specifically, your tasks include:
- Planning, programming and testing microservices in the area of productive applications.
- Effective selection of technologies for sustainable technical concepts and solutions.
- Continuous further development of the application.
- Analysis, evaluation and structuring of the technical requirements in close cooperation with business analysts and business experts.
- Ensuring the consistency and executability of the implemented software changes in the test and production environments.
- Consulting and conception through technical know-how.
- Participation in agile, self-organised end-to-end teams that also take on DevOps responsibility (“You build it, you run it”).
- Exchange of experience in communities of practice.
- Independent and autonomous action under the aspect of agile methods within the entire product team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Completed studies in computer science, media informatics, business informatics or vocational training as an IT specialist in application development or a similar qualification.
- Very good knowledge of Java from version 11 and relevant frameworks/concepts such as Spring Boot, RESTful Services; experience in the design of microservices an advantage.
- Professional experience in Java software development with Git, IntelliJ, Maven, Docker, Jenkins and Kubernetes, as well as Elasticsearch and JPA desirable.
- Enthusiasm for new technologies and architectures, such as Apache Kafka.
- Passion and fun for DevOps concepts and software development in a self-organised, agile Scrum team.
- You are a team player with strong organisational and problem-solving skills.
- You value a proactive and quality-oriented way of working.
- You are characterised by an innovative and sustainable mindset.
- You have a good command of written and spoken German and English.
We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
TUI and you
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions;
- Employee benefits on travel;
- Life Long Learning (online/offline);
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.