Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
DevOps Engineer (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer a little bit more focused on infrastructure (Infrastructure as a code) to join a Dev/Ops Team supporting business critical travel applications (managing hotels and cruise ships) and their migration into a modern cloud-based set of applications.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our constantly changing world of tourism and travel, our huge portfolio and our world leading position in the travel industry, requires unique processes and every day new challenges. As a dedicated and committed DevOps Engineer Resorts (m/f/d) you will develop, improve and support running infrastructure as a code for our applications for managing resorts and cruise ships. Your solutions are based on sustainable technical concept, an effective choice of technology and a performing implementation. Your feel comfortable in an international, agile environment and you like to engage yourself in a cross functional team. These are your tasks in detail:
- You create architecture- and design blue prints to develop and run our AWS environment and automated delivery of infrastructure in a close partnership with your developers
- Automation is part of your DNA: Design and Implementation of Infrastructure as a code to deliver automated provisioning of system platforms
- You will work on the evaluation and integration on new AWS services, and new software and platform solutions that will support the standards of today
- You are coaching your developers to support a robust operation and ensure to keep our software always
- You advise your developers about infrastructure components and how they interact and implementing security by design
- You work self-reliant and share responsibility using agile methods in your team
- You will be a technical adviser and expert for your Product Owner and technical leads
- You monitor performance and usage of our systems and initiates mitigations if necessary
- You have a technical degree in IT or comparable IT expertise and experience acquired on-the-job
- You have excellent knowledge in IT infrastructure technology (Windows-/Linux-Server, network) and all Web-Stack technology (nginx/Apache, Git/SVN, MS-SQL/MariaDB/My-SQL/PostgreSQL).
- You have already gained first experience with AWS cloud services and virtualization technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- You are familiar with automation configuration management (Infrastructure as a Code) and deployment tools like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation or Ansible
- You know how to configure and run monitoring tools (logging, metrics und alerting)
- You understand network technology, administration and monitoring
- You are used to communicate in an international environment using fluent business English
- You are a team player with distinctive abilities to organize and to solve problems
- You would characterize your way of working as proactive and quality oriented
- You are driven by innovation
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package (e.g. pension scheme) and 30 days of paid vacation per year
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.