Brexit and COVID-19 – Information to CandidatesLearn more
Quality Engineer - Flight & Drive Domain (m/w/d)
Luton, Vereinigtes Königreich
Digital & Technology
Depending on local agreements
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotley from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
The Quality Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused software delivery practices, ensuring high quality of software products and services with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods and with a DevSecOps mindset. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Quality Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Quality Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables quality engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain.
- Being an enthusiast in creating flawlessly working software solutions for our customers, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to work with your team on defining, executing and maintaining efficient, highly automated test setups over the whole testing pyramid, from functional testing, integration and contract testing to performance and load testing.
- You are responsible for defining an appropriate testing strategy and ensuring the availability of suitable test data.
- You will also help to realise efficient solution for assuring quality where automation comes up against its limitations.
- You will coach and support your colleagues with deep knowledge to improve expertise in ensuring the quality of software products over the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. You will help to continuously advance tooling, processes, and ways of working, always having our customers in mind, and thus embed all-team quality ownership.
- You will also work with Product Owners to ensure testable feature specifications and champion approaches like test-driven development or behaviour-driven development.
- You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You are demonstrating active contribution to communities of practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Deep and practical knowledge of and expertise in quality assurance practices, tools and methods in an agile context and at scale
- Strong technical prowess in all quality assurance areas including automation, functional, contract, integration, performance and load testing as well as software engineering practices like BDD and TDD
- Systems thinker, experienced in improving ways of working and introducing new practices in a large organisation and across multiple teams
- Active member within Communities of Practice
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
- Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
- Attractive compensation package
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Flexible working environment
- International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Our DNA.
Fragen zum Job? Ich beantworte sie gerne.
Bitte beachten: Ausschließlich für Rückfragen. Bewerbungen werden nur online über das Bewerberportal angenommen.