Head of Technology - Mobile
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
Innovation in mobile is changing the way we do business and transforming the way our customers interact with us. Our customers now expect their holiday experience to be enhanced and simplified through innovative mobile products and services. And our future success will to a great extent be built on how well we define that mobile vision and create those products, and how well be bring digital product into our day-to-day business.
We now have a well-established mobile team based in the heart of London and in Porto, packed with talented and dedicated people who are building and developing mobile technology for our 20 million customers across the world. The core of our focus is on our multi-award winning mobile apps, which have seen millions of downloads and are used by tens of thousands of our customers every day.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Mobile & Payments domain organisation which is responsible for TUI’s Mobile Apps and Payment technologies across all holiday products and regions. This includes development of new capabilities and features and ongoing enhancements based on the agreed business roadmap and key priorities for all regions as well as operation and ongoing technical/ platform improvements of the relevant technology stacks.
The Head Of Technology – Mobile, as a senior role in the Domain, has an end to end responsibility for the leadership of a number of cross-functional agile delivery teams for overseeing the design, creation, delivery and operation of a range of IT-travel products and solutions across multiple markets in line with business priorities.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Head Of Technology – Mobile, you will be responsible for leadership of the IT members of several cross-functional agile teams each and oversee ongoing enhancements and operation of TUI Mobile Apps for iOS and Android (e.g. TUI Digital Assistant) as well as the surrounding technology stack and microservices.
You and your teams will be responsible for the full software development lifecycle and operation as well as working with other teams and stakeholders such as business executives to remove impediments and achieve business outcomes. You will focus on continuously improving ways of working within and between teams and improving cross-team collaboration and engagement across IT and Business communities. You will manage relationships with key partners and suppliers and secure that 3rd party deliveries are completed in line with business needs and in accordance with the domain technology standards and strategy.
You will maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, think ahead and understand the overall business strategy and you will use these insights to shape people, delivery and technology strategy for your area. Where applicable, you will actively support DevSecOps approach to building and releasing features whilst constantly optimising the delivery of business value at pace. You will ensure we have the delivery capacity, capabilities and team culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset. You will have a full budget and cost responsibility for your teams in terms of delivery and operating costs for your teams including budget planning, cost management and cost tracking and, in collaboration with Technology Leads and Product Leads, you will strive to continue to improve delivery and operational efficiency.
You will have a strong background of leading cross-functional, diverse, technology teams (onshore and near/offshore) in an international context, working with senior technology and business stakeholders and managing large-scale, cloud-based technology stack. You will advocate and advance modern software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices across the domain.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- An experienced authentic servant leader with passion for technology
- Passionate about software delivery practices, mobile technologies and ecosystems (iOS, Android, Flutter etc) delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Strong experience delivering and operating cloud-native (AWS) digital products and services (in an agile development environment) at pace and at a global scale
- Strong knowledge of Mobile ecosystems, development practices and technologies
- Loves developing and growing people and has a strong track record doing it
- Customer focused with passion for operational excellence
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring software engineers and other technology roles from different cultural backgrounds
- Quality mindset, delivering high quality products and supporting others to achieve and maintain a high standard
- Systems thinker with a strong understanding of business needs and ability to manage a range of priorities and delegate effectively
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders; able to disagree, yet align
- Good grasp of experience with the respective tech-stack (e.g. cloud technology, design patterns, micro-services and / or CI/CD and DevSecOps as well as operational (SRE) principles and practices)
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.