Enterprise Architect - Platform & EA
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Dependent on Local Contract
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Platform and Enterprise Architecture is a global team responsible for transforming the technology landscape to a single global platform, driving our competitive edge through technology innovation. We’re a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the Platform and Enterprise Architecture technology organisation.
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for both enabling and driving the execution of change towards the desired business vision through articulation and promotion of capabilities, application roadmaps and depicting transition and future states. You collaborate closely with senior business and technology leaders across the Group, ensuring our technology strategies reflect business goals, and the current and desired future capabilities. You also ensure that domain roadmaps align to the strategic vision.
You are an advocate of state-of-the-art Enterprise architecture within TUI and are well-connected within the global architecture communities.
About the job:
As an Enterprise Architect, you create and align business capability models and transformation roadmaps to facilitate discussion and decision making with senior stakeholders, driving the group towards agreement regarding technology direction and definition of technology strategy. In collaboration with senior technology leaders, including Heads of Architecture and senior architects from their teams, you shape a vision and define architectural strategies to translate business opportunities and customer expectations into innovative IT solutions.
You promote understanding of the architecture at TUI and are the focal point for developing a global architecture strategy and assuring architectural integrity. You’re responsible for driving consolidation across TUI towards a coherent, platform strategy; a single technology ecosystem known internally as TRIPS. You define policies, standards, and practices that shape the technology strategy whilst fostering a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
You think long term and use your industry knowledge and understanding of TUI’s business strategy to shape the TRIPS platform architecture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies and patterns and practices, enabling you to develop strategies that enhance the technology landscape. You foster a culture of delivering business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset, balancing the trade-off between technical debt and speed to market.
You have a strong background and experience in modern cloud native architecture, especially Amazon Web Service. You work in an international context with senior technology and business stakeholders and manage large-scale technology transformation and implementations with aggressive timelines. You advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelise great engineering and organisational practices across the domain.
You are an active member of the global architecture communities. You love to learn and acquire new skills and you enjoy teaching others. You are not afraid to get stuck in and work directly with teams – you hate being in an ivory tower.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
About you :
- An experienced architect and authentic servant leader with passion for technology and Enterprise architecture
- Ability to develop, maintain and evolve a framework for the Enterprise and Solutions architects
- Proven track record in designing architecture blueprints and their optimisation to drive development and innovation
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders
- Passionate about agile software delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises and agile ways of working
- Able to develop a helicopter view and a long-term vision
- Systems thinker with a strong understanding of business needs and ability to manage a range of priorities and delegate effectively
- Problem solver with a pragmatic evangelist approach to drive the spirit required in a fast-paced digital space
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders. Able to disagree yet align
- Experienced with cloud technology, especially Amazon Web Services, with Associate or Professional level Architecture certification
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Enjoys and is energized by complex problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here