Lead Full Stack Software Engineer (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depending on local agreements
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
*Feel free to apply in English or German.*
We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Lead Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team and together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation, supporting them and their stakeholders in building great technology.
- Being an enthusiast, an expert practitioner and thought leader in software engineering and software craftsmanship. Thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team, or teams, in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- You strive for clean architecture, state-of-the-art implementation, a high degree of automation, and overall high quality with a customer-centric mindset.
- You select, and guide teams to use, the right tools for the job and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way.
- You work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, developing resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications. You have a deep understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service and micro-frontend landscape.
- You tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- You actively promote TUI’s ABCDCS principles (API first, Big Data, Cloud-native, DevOps mindset, Security) within your community and beyond.
- You are able to clearly verbalise your thoughts/ideas and you take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. You are well-connected across the domain, within the broader TUI community and relevant Communities of Practice as well as building useful expert contacts across the industry.
- Being an expert, you actively and systematically share your knowledge, for example by mentoring junior to senior colleagues and supporting their professional development. This includes shaping and managing the technical training paths for engineers across the organisation.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- Deep knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, as well as general understanding of UI design;
- Excellent knowledge of applying web delivery design principles for websites and web applications for a positive user experience;
- Deep understanding of frontend performance aspects, analysis and optimisation;
- Excellent proficiency in either NodeJS or Go or Java, and their respective ecosystems (frameworks, libraries, documentation, useful resources) as well as architectural strategies and design patterns;
- Deep experience with implementing resource-oriented APIs and event-based architectures;
- Strong experience with data persistence, both relational and non-relational technologies, preferably applied in a cloud-native context;
- Strong knowledge in building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS technologies & database set up;
- Good programming expertise in using Python is a plus;
- Deep expertise in CI/CD (preferably Gitlab CI), infrastructure as code, cloud architecture/design, tools and services on AWS. Ideally certified AWS Associate or higher;
- Good understanding of different areas of software architecture (technical, solution, enterprise, cloud/infrastructure, etc.);
- Able to apply decision strategies and make good decisions in context of complex objectives.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.