Cloud Engineer (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
Digital & Technology
Depending on local agreements
*The position is based in Hanover / Germany, but can also be managed remotely from another city in Germany or from one of our EU / UK locations.
*Feel free to apply in English or German.*
We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Cloud Engineer, you are part of a cross-functional team that delivers a virtual Contactcenter solution and the TUI Wide Workforce Management solution from conception to operation.
- You will collaborate with Architects, data engineers, the product owner, system engineers, business stakeholder and external suppliers to clearly define, document and communicate requirements that will enable implementation of new changes and enhancements to our platforms in an agile manner.
- You’re responsible for evaluating and implementation of solution options, consulting with stakeholders and collaborating with your and other teams to implement productive services.
- Working with a varied set of technology and business stakeholders, you define and document new business, user and system requirements, considering impacts to upstream/ downstream services. You support the requirement lifecycle from planning through to elicitation, testing, delivery, and business acceptance.
- With your team you will design and implement secure, scalable, cloud-native solutions and be responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security and operations.
- You will use your deep technical skills to work with your colleagues to improve expertise in cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-code approaches, cloud focused DevSecOps capabilitiesand the continuous improvement of CI/CD and automation. To achieve this, you will be required to understand the coding standards defined within TUI, AWS software technologies and UI standards to create successful and quality deliverables.
- You have a proven track record in delivering cloud enablement services to customer teams, supporting them in their adoption of the AWS cloud platform, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- Proven deep knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment;
- Advanced skill set for understanding and solving complex problems spanning one or more teams/areas with appropriate quality and quantity;
- Ability to fully own and lead complex problems and multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across the domain;
- Extensive hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in designing and implementing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps and security engineering practices;
- Expected to define and maintain standards, best practices for managing AWS resources and ensuring teams follow appropriate processes;
- Programming skills at a proficient level to work with multiple software development technologies;
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI;
- Knowledge in networking like IP, DNS, firewalling, load-balancing and VPNs;
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices, threat modelling and risk mitigation techniques.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
• Employment with the world’s leading tourism group
• Working with international colleagues having various backgrounds, skillsets and knowledge
• Attractive compensation package
• Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
• Flexible working environment
• International career and development opportunities
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.