Senior Product Owner - Cloud & On-Premise Enablers
We are looking for a talented, dedicated and experienced Senior Product Owner to join the Enablers technology organisation. This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation and ongoing evolution of global cloud-based e-commerce solutions and services powering one of Europe’s largest travel and experience websites with over 700m visits and over €6.5bn revenue per year.
The Senior Product Owner Enterprise Architecture & Partners will own a set of engagements with IT product teams specifically focused on Enterprise Architecture improvements and relations with our main Cloud Partner AWS. You will own and drive our platform service roadmap in collaboration with Enterprise Architecture, IT community and AWS team. You will be expected to keep up with industry trends and best practices to provide services that meet organisation needs.
You will be responsible for defining stories, team backlog and streamline the execution of priorities to drive a suite of cloud and/or on-premises capabilities. You will work closely with the Technology Team Lead who will help translate your requirements into technical deliverables.
As Senior Product Owner, we expect you to lead the Product Owner community within the Enabler domain and increase overall Product owner function maturity to ensure services are delivered in a consistent manner.
Our Cloud & On-premises teams are embedded in ‘pods’, providing design leadership and expertise throughout the lifecycle for their area of responsibility – which may be co-building a solution with a product team, providing best practice on the use of particular capabilities or building new, reusable ones for wider adoption.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a strong and experienced Senior Product Owner, your key areas of responsibility and accountability will be:
Contribute to the Product Vision and Roadmap
- Pro-actively contribute to a compelling Product Vision and Strategy using stimulus such as the IT Strategy, customer needs, stakeholders’ needs and external best practice (incl. risk/compliance/security).
- Understand business & customer needs (from all markets).
- Translate high-level product roadmap into achievable product backlog features.
- Communicate overall strategy and goals for your Product to your Product team(s). You’ll then input into ideation and start to engage with stakeholders and other teams to create new ideas.
- Define, develop and prioritize the product backlog for your product team(s).
- Work with analysts and optimization & insights to ensure that all product Epics and features have a clear line of sight to business value and are prioritized to deliver maximum commercial benefit from development time.
- Ensure that product dependencies on other product teams across TUI are well understood and briefed to relevant product managers.
- Translate high-level product roadmap into achievable product backlog items. Provide insight for defining and planning the overall Product Roadmap based on specialized knowledge in your area.
- Ensure you have a clear prioritized backlog and roadmap which will increase engagement, conversion and other KPIs.
- In collaboration with the whole team(s) compose & validate User Epics, User Stories & Acceptance Criteria to a high standard before releasing.
- Discuss technical debt with delivery team(s) and priorities.
Monitor and drive KPI business performance
- Define (monitor & drive) high level product KPIs, OKRs or success metrics.
- Work with analysts and optimization & insights and take personal ownership of relevant KPIs and ensure that all developments are aligned to drive performance and have clear metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets.
- Experiment often and use ‘Inspect & Adapt’ approach to continuously refine.
- Use all data sources available to understand how to improve adoption.
- Highlight under-performance of metrics and develop plans in the roadmap and backlog in to address these.
- Liaise with a variety of key stakeholders in development and business areas, building strong working relationships, e.g. Enterprise Architects, Global product owner, Head of product, Product Manager, Relevant business director, Service desk, Heads of enabling/foundation teams, Head of technology, Customers, UX/UI teams across TUI and Product teams and pods in other domains.
- Create informative and inspiring demos to bring the features to life for stakeholders and the team.
- Provide regular high-quality updates to stakeholders, ensuring that deliveries across the product team are showcased and future feature prioritization is well understood.
- Work closely with stakeholders and ensure all stakeholders are updated on a regular basis.
- Produce regular updates on development progress, KPI performance, and comms for governance meetings.
Deliver enhancements & new features
- Drive feature delivery with product teams.
- Work with your team(s) to ensure all features are of the highest quality and delivered timely.
- Ensure best practice approach to product ownership.
- Works with your team(s) and your stakeholders to generate new ideas.
- Liaise with a variety of key stakeholders in development and business areas.
- Gain and maintain an expert understanding of the travel industry, TUI’s business and our drivers of value and wider dynamics in each source market and our competitors.
- Understand TUI’s customer segments and behaviors. Use this insight to inform and influence plans and development around KPIs.
- Ensure TUI’s product backlog maintains a healthy balance between new and innovative capabilities with market onboarding and optimization.
- Passionate about cloud & on-premises solutions and able to work backwards to technology.
- Solid understanding of IT capabilities and how to support product teams to onboard cloud platforms & transition out of transient on-premises infrastructure, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security, FinOps services and education & training.
- Ability to communicate and deliver strategic initiatives with Enterprise Architecture & Partners stakeholders in order to deliver global standards and industry best practices in the form of technology solutions within your Product portfolio.
- Sound expertise on all areas of knowledge of cloud platforms – in particular working knowledge of AWS platform, technology and products is a must-have – in order to continuously innovate, extend and co-build new solutions with customers. You’ll have particular know-how and interest over an initial set of products comprised of AWS account management, IAM / user management, identity federation, the cloud self-service portal and service catalogue items in the area of infrastructure automation.
- Appetency to work in a team of Product Owners with the mission to build a consistent technology capability for the whole Cloud & On-Premise Enablers and the ambition to collaborate in and/or share responsibilities across the team.
- Customer focused with passion for operational excellence, and an understanding of brilliant user experience, and an ability to deliver this whilst removing complexity.
- Solid understanding of Agile, and able to manage a product backlog.
- Good communication, interpersonal and influencing skills: able to communicate the Product Strategy to the team, able to understand user feedback and analytics and make informed decisions, and able to positively engage with stakeholders and their Product team. Able to contribute to making clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions.
- Good commercial and decision-making skills, able to input into Ideation and Roadmaps.
- Focussed on outcomes, not solutions. Bold with ambitious strategies and an ability to motivate others to achieve these goals.
- Numerical, able to understand quantitative and qualitative data from tools such as Adobe, Decibel Insight and customer research and use this data naturally to generate insights and ideas.
- Knowledge of A/B and MVT testing.
Working in diverse and inclusive teams makes us more effective, more innovative, and it makes work more fun. This is why we invite everyone to apply.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here