Seasonal Port Operations Agent | Greece
Join our global TUI Musement team within our specialist business brand Intercruises as a Seasonal Port Operations Agent where you will the main point of contact with the vessel’s Principal, the ship’s Master, officers, and crew and is responsible for assuring that all agency requirements associated with the vessel’s port of call are managed satisfactorily. These requirements include ship operations, adherence to governmental regulations, pricing, contracting, approval of expenses, and risk management. Based on Pireaus, you will support all the Port Operations Supervisors/Manager across Greece to ensure an excellent service to their cruise line clients.
Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services is a specialist business providing cruise ship handling services to cruise lines in destinations throughout the world. You will be assisting cruise lines and other clients on their daily operations in Greece.
ABOUT THE JOB
- The port agent is expected to independently oversee agency vessel operations for the port call. Attending to all the operations and administrative duties, including, but not limited to – arranging pilots, line handlers and stevedores, coordinating ship clearance with government officials, making transportation arrangements for crew onboard, managing delivery of provisioning for the cruise ship, etc.
- As required, remotely support Intercruises’ port operation teams with monitoring and responding to email requests from various regional email accounts.
- Performing accounting and billing reconciliations tasks; keep control of documentation and backup for each attended call.
- Work in close collaboration with suppliers to reach agreements to ensure we deliver safe, healthy, and sustainable service.
- Preferred previous experience as a Port Agent.
- Good academic background. Maritime studies are desirable.
- Knowledge in ship industry finance / invoicing departments will be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English language, both written and oral.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good office administration and organizational skills with a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Orientation to results and customer obsessed.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits as standard
- Career progression opportunities in more than 50 countries worldwide
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team
- Exceptional approach to your learning – access to free learning platforms & language lessons
TUI Musement is a leading Tours & Activities business. It combines a scalable digital platform with local service delivery, to offer excursions, activities, tickets and transfers in more than 50 countries worldwide. There are over 130,000 ‘things to do’ in all major holiday and city destinations, which are distributed through B2B partners, via the Musement and TUI websites and direct to TUI customers.
We also offer services to cruise lines through Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services in ports worldwide. TUI Musement sold around 10 million excursions, tours and activities delivered by our international colleagues located around the world and is one of the major growth areas of TUI Group.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.