As a Solution Architect you will rationalise, identify & exploit existing and new technologies, develop the Platform Architecture Blueprints, Strategy and Roadmap in line with the wider Digital Platforms Strategies. Engage, mentor, support and motivate team members in their development and provide opportunities and guidance that enable the transfer of learning into effective practice. The role will major in Architecting solutions to evolve TUI Group’s cross channel, dynamic Customer Marketing capabilities.
ABOUT THE JOB:
– You will act as the technical design and architecture authority for the area and provide technical leadership during the development, build, test and deployment phases;
– Continuously look for opportunities to simplify and rationalise the platform technology stack;
– Be responsible for working with a multi-skilled design and engineering team for the function and be accountable for overall design quality as well as assuring solutions are designed with efficiency in regards to total cost of ownership (TCO);
– Maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies, patterns and practices in the field;
– Think ahead and understand the overall business strategy and you will use these insights to shape the architecture of the web domain;
– Ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities and culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset;
– Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices across the domain.
There is more than one way to the perfect fit – here are some of the ideal things:
- Experience of Customer and Marketing oriented projects – inception to go-live;
- Proven track record in designing scalable, highly-performant and resilient global solutions;
- Strong grasp of and experience with cloud technology (AWS), cloud architecture, scalable design patterns, CI/CD, DevSecOps practices, microservices and ideally microfrontends;
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices and be able to incorporate these into the designs;
- Conception of strategic, innovative software and system architectures for the further development of online and IT systems;
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders;
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises in an agile WoW;
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries.
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com