Military Pilot - UK Bases
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business and following our recent announcement that we are increasing our UK programme for Summer 2024, we are now recruiting B737 First Officers to join TUI Airways at one of our many UK bases.
As a B737 First Officer within our Flight Operations department, you will provide a safe and enjoyable in-flight experience for all our customers. It is an important part of our culture that we all contribute to ensuring our customers’ expectations are not only met but exceeded. We see the journey as part of our customer’s holiday, and we expect our pilots to embrace the customer focused culture and go the extra smile to ensure our service is the envy of our competitors.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join TUI and benefit from a lifestyle contract that reflects the seasonality of our business. In addition to a competitive salary, you will enjoy working full time in the summer season and part-time in the winter season, with the benefit of bidding for your time off to suit your lifestyle. Furthermore, there are no up-front training costs. Our pilots also benefit from a great pension scheme, private medical insurance, a generous leave allowance, an industry leading income protection scheme and a host of other benefits.
In this role you will report to a Pilot Manager who will support you through your career with us, offering unrivalled welfare support when you need it.
ABOUT THE JOB
As First Officer:
- You’ll operate the B737 as a First Officer (depending on experience) to a variety of destinations on our route network
- You’ll have a proven ability to make the right decision in any given scenario along with excellent customer service skills
- You’ll have a genuine passion for aviation with a clear understanding of the TUI strategy and values (Trusted, Unique, Inspiring)
- You’ll demonstrate a desire to deliver a great experience for our customers on every flight and ensure everyone sees us as the Best-Loved Holiday Company
- Before training with TUI commences, hold a UK-issued ATPL/CPL with ATPL theory credits with current IR
- A current UK-issued Class 1 medical
- Previous Military flying experience (fixed wing or rotary)
- Before training with TUI commences, have completed an MCC course (as per FCL.735.A) or hold an MCC exemption certificate
- Before training with TUI commences, have completed Advanced UPRT (as per FCL.745.A)
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) with ICAO Level 4
- Eligible to live and work indefinitely in the UK without additional approvals (visa sponsorship cannot be given for this role)
- Hold a valid 10-year UK passport that permits worldwide travel freely to the destinations we fly to
- At least 1.58m (5ft 2in) tall
- Able to swim at least 25m
- Before commencing training, complete referencing and pre-employment checks
- Travelling time from place of residence to home base must not exceed 60 minutes in the UK
ABOUT THE OFFER
- Competitive salary with no training deductions
- Full time working in the summer and part time in the winter with a total of 13 weeks off across the period
- Pilots may bid for their preferred time off
- Base confirmed at the point of offer
- Pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 10%
- Life assurance cover
- Loss of licence cover
- Private medical insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Holiday offers and rates on late notice flights, accommodation, and cruises
Assessment Centres for these positions will take place during Summer 2023 with course dates commencing Autumn 2023
WORKING AT TUI
At TUI, we’re ambitious to become the leader within the travel industry and to achieve this we’re looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal. We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business.
Our ambition is to truly enhance our operation, our customer – and colleague – experience, and focus on our digitalisation agenda. We’re building a better, stronger, and more efficient airline for the future.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
We reserve the rights to close the application when we have reached the requirement.