Full Stack Software Engineer
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Colleague Computing is a global team within TUI technology responsible for supporting TUI colleagues with everything they need for their business. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed Colleague Computing technology organisation which helps TUI colleagues to manage their work.
The Full Stack Software Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art software development practices, developing software products with a broad toolkit of technologies and methods and with a strong DevSecOps mindset, being able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Full Stack Software Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables software development skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Together with your team you will own the software products from conception to operation. Being an enthusiast in software engineering and software craftsmanship, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will support your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
- You will strive for a high degree of automation, clean architectures and high quality with a customer-centric mindset. You are able to select the right tools for the right jobs and thus solve the given business and technical problems in an efficient way. You show a commercial mentality, focusing on solving business problems in the best way. You will work in a professional environment based on Microsoft tools in combination with an own TUI framework for individual application solutions as well as common Web-Application technologies. Later you will work in a cloud environment, especially AWS, and develop resilient and high-performing cloud-native applications. You have a good understanding of the AWS toolbox, leveraging AWS services and cloud design patterns in a micro-service landscape. You can tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Strong expertise in Web-application or VBA programming of database applications with the willingness to grow in both focusses
- Focus Web-Application technologies:
- Profound knowledge of HTML5, CSS3/SCSS, as well as general understanding of UI design
- Knowledge of applying web delivery design principles for websites and web applications for a positive user experience
- Focus VBA programming:
- Strong expertise of MS Access / MS Excel
- Good experience with professioal database design
- Both focusses:
- Experience in MS Windows server environments
- Good experience with MS SQL Server databases
- Experience with data persistence (SQL)
- Good understanding of front-end performance aspects, analysis and optimisation
- Experience with resource-oriented APIs (REST, SOAP) on client and server side
- Interest in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Ability to design, build, test, and deploy applications
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true software craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
At TUI we have set standards for placing people in specific roles and levels of experience. We are very keen to ensure that everyone recognizes themselves in the role with the level of experience they deserve. For this purpose, we have adopted a matrix of skills that we use to accompany people to progress in their career path by setting specific personal goals for each one.
To learn more about our career ladder, read here
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits as standard
- Career progression opportunities in more than 50 countries worldwide
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team
- Exceptional approach to your learning – access to free learning platforms & language lessons
TUI Musement is a leading Tours & Activities business. It combines a scalable digital platform with local service delivery, to offer excursions, activities, tickets and transfers in more than 50 countries worldwide. There are over 130,000 ‘things to do’ in all major holiday and city destinations, which are distributed through B2B partners, via the Musement and TUI websites and direct to TUI customers. We also offer services to cruise lines through Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services in ports worldwide. TUI Musement sold around 10 million excursions, tours and activities delivered by our international colleagues located around the world and is one of the major growth areas of TUI Group.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.