Data Protection Manager (f/m/d)
Join us at TUI, the global market leader in travel.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do in the TUI Group. Meeting our customers’ needs and making their travel experiences special are what drive us no matter what area of the business we work in. As a responsible employer, we must also handle employee personal data responsibly and ensure that our colleagues’ privacy rights are respected. This is an exciting opportunity to support the Central Region Data Protection Officer, to develop, implement and manage the TUI Group Data Protection and Data privacy compliance program. You will also support TUI Group functions, businesses and projects with expert data protection and privacy advice.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Support TUI Group functions, businesses and projects with GDPR expert advice.
- Implement the TUI Group data protection and data privacy compliance and GDPR projects.
- Develop Data Privacy policies, guidelines and other data protection and privacy compliance controls in cooperation with the Central Region Data Protection Officer.
- Develop, deliver and monitor training and raise awareness about data protection and privacy issues in TUI Central Region.
- Assess, analyses and verify data protection and privacy compliance within the TUI Group.
- Liaise with and support the TUI Group Data Protection & Privacy Organization and Network.
- Support the investigation and handling of data protection complaints.
- Advise on and monitor the performance of data protection impact assessments.
- Certified Data Protection Officer, Data Protection Manager or comparable Data Privacy skills
- Several years of experience and expertise in Data Protection and Privacy working.
- Knowledge of data protection and privacy laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation; other compliance areas will be an advantage.
- Confident in interacting with stakeholders at all levels as well as supervisory authorities.
- A team player as well as a self-starter to work independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills to prioritize and manage expectations and meet deadlines.
- A commercial focus and an innovative, pragmatic, continuous improvement focus.
- Excellent influencing, negotiation and decision making skills.
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture.
- High level of ethical principles, professional integrity and resilience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and fluent (verbal and written) in English and German.
The role may require international business travel.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go.
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.