Senior Data Engineer (m/f/d)
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Commercial Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for supporting the entire support and delivery of Commercial products. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Spain, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Senior Data Engineer to join the Commercial Analytics technology organisation.
The Senior Data Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art data engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Senior Data Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior Data Engineer, you are a go-to person working as part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables data engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain.
Being an enthusiast in data engineering, with an advanced DevSecOps mindset, you:
- Use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs with full responsibility for its data flows, from design to operation.
- Care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- Use your deep technical skills to work closely with your colleagues to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture which is consistent throughout ongoing highly complex projects.
- Work on data collection, data pipelines, data delivery to other systems and building an advanced core data warehouse.
- Support your fellow Data Analysts and Data Scientists on data engineering tasks and work as a team to deliver data driven solutions. With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
- Are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes.
- Research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools (together with the domain’s teams as well as the Group Enabler teams) and help teams to use them effectively.
- Take part in Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives to grow your experience.
- Regularly coach, guide and develop more junior colleagues.
Additionally, you love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Experienced in design, implementation and use of different database structures;
- Outstanding SQL, data profiling & Analytics language skills (e.g. Snowflake and Python);
- Advanced experience with building ETL/ELT pipelines;
- Strong hands-on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. AWS S3);
- Experience of using and building Reporting Tools (e.g, Tableau);
- On the spot conversion of high-level business & technical requirements into technical specs;
- Strong skillset in using cloud technologies (AWS preferred);
- Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills;
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics);
- You’re an open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner , you’re highly autonomous, and you’re comfortable with ambiguity.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in an international team who are working with forward thinking methodologies like Lean and Agile.
- Become a valued team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Develop yourself by working as part of an international team and through our free global learning and development programme including free language lessons and various Management Development Programmes.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.