Senior Manager Fleet Finance
Crawley, United Kingdom
At TUI we have five airlines offering an impressive year-round flying programme taking our customers to destinations across the globe. The Fleet & Capacity Management department (FCM) play a key role in this activity as we are responsible for the sourcing and specification of the aircraft, management of TUI’s aircraft ownership costs, fleet flexibility and efficient fleet deployment in respect of all of TUI’s 150 in-house aircraft and additionally externally sourced aircraft capacity. We look after the financing of aircraft acquisition costs (such as aircraft pre-delivery payments, the long-term financing of aircraft or the financing of spare engines) and are responsible for procurement and leasing in of additional aircraft and engines where required.
As Senior Manager Fleet Finance you will support the Head of Fleet Finance in sourcing, structuring, negotiating and managing aircraft and spare engine financing transactions as well as leasing transactions with a specific emphasis on commercial and financial aspects of such transactions. You are also responsible for developing and managing relationships with operating lease companies, banks, and other finance providers.
Working with internal and external legal counsels as well as Tax, Accounting, Treasury functions you’ll translate letters of intent into commercially sound and binding contracts. Furthermore, you will take an active role in the co-ordination with engineering and airline operations to successfully deliver or re-deliver aircraft.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a dynamic team within the world’s number one tourism business where you will truly have the opportunity to develop, progress and have an impact in our successful organisation.
We are happy to consider a hybrid working model for this role with an average of 3 days per week based in our new office facility at Gatwick Airport.
Applications close 8 October 2023
ABOUT THE JOB
- Sourcing and structuring of aircraft and engine finance and leasing transactions
- Progress sourcing requirements from initiating contact to negotiating letters of intent to completing commercially sound and binding contracts
- Lead negotiations for new aircraft and engine financings, extensions, and novations with lessors and other financial institutions with a specific emphasis on commercial and financial aspects of transactions
- Manage or support/participate the RFP process for financing of TUIs orderbook of aircraft
- Develop and maintain relationships with aircraft leasing and financing community
- Continuously assess availability, supply, demand and price movements in the market to provide accurate and timely market data to senior management team
- Provide appropriate commercial and financial input into FCM – aircraft management- and airline asset decisions
- Manage the existing aircraft fleet, including pro-active re-negotiation of lease expiries, changes to redelivery conditions, and lessor support/involvement of any aircraft modification or investment programmes, as well as resolution of contract disputes
- Monitor adherence with contract terms, pre- and post-delivery, including payment authorisation
- Co-ordination with engineering and airline operations to successfully deliver or redeliver aircraft, including pro-active engagement in redelivery/delivery process
- You’ll have a detailed understanding of aircraft finance and leasing transactions (including legal, financial and commercial aspects) and a desire to progress your career within full spectrum fleet department and dynamic multi-airline environment in leading leisure travel group
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to lead, coach and inspire teams
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills to work with all levels within the Group
- Excellent relationship/stakeholder management skills with the ability to adapt across our international markets
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and across national boundaries
- Good project management and organisational skills
Ability to make an immediate contribution
ABOUT THE OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Car Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your immediate family
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
UK & I Head Office Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.