Head of Security Architecture
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Security Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for leading Information Security risk management across TUI. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated security leader to join the Security team which supports the Group CISO in their responsibility to ensure information security risks are managed in alignment to our business goals across TUI Group.
The Head Of Security Architecture, as a senior role in the Security Domain, has an end to end responsibility for the security architecture landscape of TUI, oversees all related key technical and design decisions and their implementation. You will lead the establishment of a Security Architecture practice at TUI which owns alignment of our security needs to business goals and has responsibility for overseeing security designs for the enterprise, systems or services, maintains security documentation and develops architecture patterns and security approaches to new technologies.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Head of Security Architecture, you will be responsible for our enterprise security architecture and its alignment to our business goals and risk appetite. You will build and lead a security architecture practice which primarily supports the definition and implementation of our security strategy, roadmaps but also enables incorporation of security into the designs and implementations across our Markets and Domains.
In collaboration with the Security team and other senior technology leaders, you will develop and define a vision regarding security architecture in order to translate business opportunities and risk mitigation into innovative IT solutions.
You will interpret relevant security policies and threat/risk profiles into secure architectural solutions that mitigate the risks and conform to legislation and regulations, and relate to TUI’s business needs.
You will be responsible for identification and recruitment of new talent into your team, coaching and mentoring existing and new team members and active career development. You will focus on increasing autonomy of your team members, on enabling effective decision making and fostering a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
You will maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies, patterns and practices in the field. You will think ahead and understand the overall business strategy and you will use these insights to shape the architecture of the security domain. You will ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities and culture to deliver outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset.
You will have a strong background in common architectural and control frameworks (e.g. SABSA, TOGAF, COBIT, NIST CSF, ISO27001), working with senior technology and business stakeholders and securing large-scale, cloud-based technology stacks. You will advocate and advance modern security practices and help develop and evangelize great security practices across TUI.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- An experienced security architect and authentic servant leader with passion for technology and securityarchitecture.
- Proven track record in designing architecture blueprints and the optimisation of them to manage information security risks, drive development and innovation.
- Proficiency in translating security vision into viable strategies and in conveying such strategies back to stakeholders at different levels of the organisation.
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises in an agile way of working.
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders. Able to disagree yet align.
- Good grasp of experience with cloud technology, design patterns, micro-services, CI/CD and DevSecOps.
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex security problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions.
- Able to effectively translate and accurately communicate security and risk implications across technical and non-technical stakeholders, and able to respond to challenge.
- You can design and review system architectures through the application of patterns and principles.
- You can run Threat Modelling sessions, tracking mitigating actions and mentor others in the practice.
- You have proven experience of enabling and informing risk-based decisions. You can describe different risk methodologies and how these are applied, as well as the proportionality of risk.
- You have a broad knowledge of security but have in depth knowledge in one or more areas such as Cloud, Data Protection, Engineering, Infrastructure or IAM.
- You have a proven experience of authoring technical security standards and patterns.
- You are familiar with security best practices (including ISO27001 and/or NIST 800-53) and relevant security legislation.
- Have achieved security certification(s) such as CISSP/CISM/CeH or equivalent.
- Have IT security architecture experience including certification such as TOGAF/SABSA or equivalent.
- Hold relevant Cloud AWS certification such as AWS SAA, AWS SA Pro, AWS Security Specialist.
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly, diverse and virtual international team.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com