Business Sector/Domain: Group IT
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Customer domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for Customer mastering, service, insight and marketing. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for the architecture landscape of Global Customer and will oversee key technical and design decisions from ideation through to implementation. You will be responsible for the architecture landscape of Global Customer, and have a shared responsibility for the overall business outcomes for your area. You act as your domain’s spokesperson in senior technical engagements with other domains.
You are an advocate for state-of-the-art Customer architecture within the domain and are well-connected within the global business and technology enabling communities. Your key focus will be in delivering great customer service solutions across our contact centres, shops and mobile, however our customers choose to interact with TUI.
You identify and implement improvement architectural practices in an agile environment and map the discrepancy between the current processes and the desired state to continuously innovate processes and adapt them to market trends. You also ensure that technical implementation is in accordance with the enterprise and solution architecture standards, and the objectives of the organisation.
You maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, patterns and practices in data integration, AWS and microservices technologies. You think ahead and understand the overall business context and strategy and use these insights to shape emergent architecture in the roadmap for the Customer Service capability. You ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities and culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset.
As experienced specialists in a scaled hybrid cloud environment you have proof of success in microservices and large multi-country architecture led implementations. You will participate in, or even lead, domain-wide engineering excellence efforts and propose high impact initiatives and projects. You love to learn and acquire new skills and you enjoy teaching others. You are not afraid to get stuck in and work directly with teams – you hate being in an ivory tower.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- An experienced architect authentic servant leader with passion for technology and Customerarchitecture.
- Knowledge and experience in AWS technology, serverless and microservice patterns.
- Experience in Customer centric technologies (CRM, mastering, customer service, and customer first approaches).
- Proven track record in designing architecture blueprints and the optimisation of them to drive development and innovation, with a TOGAF mentality.
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex technical problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions.
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders.
- Good grasp of experience with cloud technology, customer data security, micro-services, CI/CD and DevSecOps.
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders. Able to disagree yet align.
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises in an agile way of working, both internally and with 3rd parties.
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly, diverse and virtual international team.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com