Service Desk Agent (m/f/d)
37.5 - 40
*This role requires to visit the office in Hannover at least two days per week*
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Colleague Compute is a global team within TUI technology responsible for effective delivery of all the common IT services our colleagues need to provide excellent service to our customers.. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
Service Desk is the 24/7 single point of contact for IT issues, questions and request within the TUI Group. For this Service Desk we are looking for a talented and dedicated Service Desk Agent to join the newly formed Colleague Compute technology organisation which provides everything, from IT Service Desk capabilities to IT device management and Collaboration services, to our colleagues.
The Service Desk Agent is responsible for conducting and assigning efficient 1st and 2nd level IT support, analyzing and resolving end-user IT issues and requests via telephone, a common ticket system, chat, e-mail or on-site. Other challenges are testing and acceptance of system applications, user support/training and implement and improve services including automation and robotics for end-user support. The Service Desk Agent also handles documenting and developing the processes for assigned applications.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Service Desk Agent, you will work together with your colleagues on the analysis and resolution of 1st and 2nd line incidents. You will help to create manuals and user instructions for new and existing applications and conduct trainings for them with end users. You will use your organizational skills to document existing process flows for supervised applications, hardware and software.
Coordinating the resolution of 1st and 2nd line incidents is another core part of your routine. You will manage the remediation process through the prioritisation, assignment/release, completion phases of an outage or incident. Sometimes this will include dealing with unknown causes and service disruptions. Effective handling of incidents also requires you to create sustainable solutions for one-off and recurring incidents through handling analysis, concept, coordination, control, commissioning and budgeting of these solutions.
Additionally, you will advise and support your users in all matters related to the use of supervised applications, hardware and software. Within this capacity you will provide on-site and/or remote hardware, software and application support if required.
Within TUI everyone has a part in central organisational improvement, for this means that you will help identify and solve interface problems within sub-processes and prepare appropriate organisational regulations and propose process-optimizing measures in coordination with the process organizer. Also, you will participate in the definition and implementation of projects in the framework of the TUI project organization.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practice secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Vocational qualification as an IT systems clerk/technician, IT specialist or a degree in (business) computer science.
- Solid experience with systems that handle tourist core processes, production & distribution systems
- 1- 2 years of professional experience and detailed knowledge of information and communication technologies in customer service desirable
- Good understanding of system processes and contexts
- Pronounced/high-level quality awareness
- Very good organisational and problem-solving ability
- Strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently, willingness to take on responsibility
- Good social and teamwork skills
- Agile learner
- Good communication skills in German and English (oral and written) – French is welcome
- Willingness for 24/7 shift working
- At last but not at least, a premium customer-oriented attitude and of course a lot of enthusiasm for resolving IT issues . You are the first point of contact for all IT issues !
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.