Technology Lead - Platform Solutions (m/f/d)
37.5 - 40
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Corporate IT is a global team within TUI technology responsible for Finance, HR and Group Security, Health & Safety. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal. We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
Team Platform Solutions is an enthusiastic and dynamic team consisting of 10 colleagues who are committed to end-to-end integration and archiving solutions within the Corporate Domain. In addition, the team provides IT support and contributes to projects for Group Security, Health & Safety, Communication and Legal.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the newly formed Platform Solutions Team.
As Technology Lead – Platform Solutions, the focus of your work will be to build a new TUI Corporate Document Archive. With the use of AWS technologies, you will develop a new document archive and store documents relevant to TUI within the legal guidelines and frameworks set for this. You have a key role within in the domain and you are responsible for the team and for the delivery of business value in line with business needs and TUI’s strategy.
Besides being the driving force for the development of the TUI Document Archive, you also ensure the proper migration of existing documents into the new archive. You work on the roadmap for future developments in consultation with various stakeholders and you are able to translate business requirements into the right technical solution in co-operation with the Solution Architect.
We expect a strong track record of genuine delivery accountability in agile environments hands on delivery experience combined with successfully managing multiple initiatives in various situations.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Technology Lead – Platform Solutions, your role will see you tackling multiple challenges and working closely with the Product Owner and with a varied set of stakeholders in various situations every day. You’ll need to be resilient, innovative and engaging in your practices to guide your team to provide technology solutions that result in the best possible digital experiences for our customers.
You will need to have an awareness of a range of technologies along with the ability to understand architecture and design of digital systems to effectively lead and support a team of software, cloud/ devops, test engineers and other technology professionals.
In your role, one of your key responsibilities is to develop and maintain delivery plans, ensuring that timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress are tracked. You will act as a servant leader and enabler for your team, support the people, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills and doing valuable work.
You will take support the expansion and further development of agility within your area and the domain. You will focus on helping your team to self-organise, and to keep increasing its capabilities and autonomy.
You will identify and actively manage impediments, assuring transparent communication on the progress, the impediments & solutions. You will excel at identifying, de-escalating and resolving conflicts within and between teams. In collaboration with the Technology Team Lead, you will also plan and manage costs of your team and pro-actively look for efficiencies and motivate your team to achieve the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) agreed for your team/pod and the strategic results for the Corporate IT as a whole. Where relevant, you will also take responsibility for prioritisation of work within technical teams.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Passionate about and strong knowledge of agile software delivery practices, delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Proven track record in delivering cloud based software solutions at an enterprise level
- Proven expertise in cloud design, infrastructure as code, tools and services on AWS
- Knowledge of web application frameworks like Vue.js, Angular
- Good experience designing and implementing APIs and using API gateways
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Mastery of moderation, presentation, visualisation techniques and feedback methods with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including near shore colleagues
- High standard of professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Sense of humour, positive attitude
- A true believer that autonomy, empowerment and accountability should be in the teams
- Experience in leading and coaching others in an international environment.
- Great communicator, facilitator and influencer comfortable working with a variety of technology and business stakeholders
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.