Safety and compliance Engineer
Luton, United Kingdom
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline regroups all airline activities across UK, Nordics, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Morocco, France, and the Dutch Antilles. Hangar 61 and associated estate properties enable the completion of the heavy base maintenance activities on TUI Groups Boeing fleet.
As Health & Safety and Compliance Engineer, your focus will be to develop, manage and improve:
Health And Safety
Health and Safety of all areas within our hangar, Workshops, Line, B99 and B100. You will ensure all areas meet the required H+S standards within H+S Manual and that any findings, Engineering Safety Report’s (ESR) and accident reports are dealt with to determine root cause within agreed timescales.
Part 145 compliance across all Maintenance areas within the hangar, workshops and Line. You will ensure that all areas meet the required standards as outlined in the Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE) and Confluence procedures and that any findings and ESR’s are dealt with to determine root cause within agreed timescales.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Responsible for the Health and Safety, Compliance and Sustainability across E+M buildings at LTN Airport
- Review and update Integrated Quality and Safety Management System (IQSMS) daily to ensure all findings and reports are properly assigned and progressed
- Ability to host all audits within the E+M estate at Luton Airport as required, including opening, and closing meetings.
- Attend Monthly Health and Safety meetings, Prioritise and progress actions, ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Through research, and as a result of audit findings, Identify Health & Safety, Compliance and Sustainability training requirements for E+M staff at Luton.
- Recommend suitable Ground Support Equipment to management, that would improve efficiency and enhance compliance.
- Regularly update Senior Management on all aspects of H+S compliance to ensure that workplace safety standards are being met.
- Post internal and external audits, Provide immediate corrective action and long-term corrective action plans for audit findings.
- Educated to a minimum of 5 GCSE passes.
- Part 66 license and TUI fleet type knowledge advantageous but not essential.
- Educated to degree level in aeronautical engineering / engineering advantageous but not essential.
- Aircraft/engineering technical experience and knowledge of aviation components
- Ability to interpret aircraft technical publications e.g., IPC’s, Vendor CMM’s, OEM SB’s and SIL’s
- Strong working knowledge and experience of My Boeing Fleet and understanding aircraft maintenance documentation including AMM, IPC/IPD and CMM.
- Strong IT skills, in particular Excel and other Microsoft applications
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email Careers@tui.co.uk