Head of Data Science and Analytics - TUI Airline
Luton, United Kingdom
Varies dependent on location
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. TUI Airline provides the TUI tour operators across Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, UK and France with dedicated seat capacity to serve owned and committed hotel beds and enabling a high level of control and certainty of flying capacity, allowing flexibility of operations from local European regional airports into SH/MH/LH destinations worldwide.
As Head of Airline Data Science & Analytics you are the lead for identifying and delivering the data science and analytics strategy within TUI Airline in order to enable ambitious operational efficiencies across the different functions. You will foster a Data-Driven Culture with your team and, in partnership with our technology teams, deliver robust and sustainable analytics capabilities and insights.
Reporting to our TUI Airline Chief Operating Officer, you’ll build and develop a truly international multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts, with that common mission, combining highly specialised expertise with a blend of agility, problem-solving, innovation and pragmatism, to ensure we continue to deliver on our ambition to become stronger, smarter, and faster in the most cost efficient and sustainable way. In all relevant investigations and projects, you will ensure a high level of data protection, data integrity, and data confidentiality. You will work across the airline in a huge range of diverse areas including crew planning and rostering, airline operations, engineering and maintenance, in-flight services amongst others.
Within this role you will also form part of the wider TUI Data & Analytics community working closely with the Chief Commercial Architect & Data Officer to ensure that TUI Airline is both inputting into the wider Data and Analytics Strategy and we are able to take advantage of analytics related investments and learning opportunities throughout the organisation.
We are happy to consider this role on a hybrid working model in line with local office requirements. However, given its seniority, presence with your team, your peers and occasional international travel should be expected so flexibility is required in this regard.
Applications close 24 September 2023
ABOUT THE JOB
- In conjunction with technology and business leaders, you’ll develop and implement a clear Data and Analytics strategy which enables the achievement of our strategic goals, focussing investment in areas that deliver the most value whilst ensuring we have effective methodologies for delivery of both enhancements and new applications and that data and insight provision is robust, secure and cost efficient
- Be the driver behind creating, maintaining, improving and correctly integrating analytical tools and processes across our teams, collaborating with other business leaders in our organisation to define key performance indicators (KPIs) and lead the development of measurement frameworks
- Provide proactive and strategic guidance and directions, with a view to how a range of data-based methodologies including optimisation, machine learning, generative AI and visualisation can both transform the business and enable continuous improvement. Influence, lead and coach your team to do the same, creating and fostering a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, stability and reliability
- Utilise your knowledge of a range of data science techniques, including both statistical methods and mathematical optimisation, to ensure that programmes of work are hypothesis-led, and insight converted from data into decisions or new ways of working. You will ensure that the team can rapidly develop models and/or prototypes, but can then also develop these solutions into scalable, secure, supportable production solutions
- Work closely with the other business leads monitor to evaluate and review projects, changes and program plans to secure critical business changes, with a constant awareness of wider implications and trade-offs, including the need to generate consistency and alignment across TUI Airline
- Maintain expert knowledge of the latest trends and best practices in data analytics to identify enterprise growth opportunities and identify these patterns and recommend new ways to apply analytics to business challenges
- Passion for data and the business processes behind it, driven by a real analytic rigour and the ability to inspire both your teams, stakeholders and the wider business
- Proven track record of developing and implementing automating decisioning tools and reporting/visualisation applications that have had a tangible impact on the business
- Evidence of developing and then realising a strategy with a varied set of senior stakeholders and obtaining buy-in for the strategy and required investment
- Expert at problem structuring with a track record of turning high level business challenges/desires into concrete deliverables and then delivering these through an agile methodology using mixed-skill teams
- Ability to think strategically, commercially and operationally whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance during decision-making processes
- Personal and professional credibility to establish effective internal and external relationships to Director level, and to coach and influence senior leaders
- Ability to develop effective collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and evidence of using and creating informal networks and teams to improve buy-in and delivery. Excellent negotiating skills
- Develop and support talent, managing high performance, whilst taking responsibility for own development, learning and growth
- Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and vision, determined to succeed and drive change in a fast paced and demanding operational environment
- Innovative and adaptable thinker, accustomed to overcoming challenges in new and developing environments with limited support
- Ability to analyse and diagnose business issues and translate these into fact-based solutions, contributing and communicating a deeply commercial insight
- Demonstrates alignment and commitment to TUI’s values
This role requires strong business English, both spoken and written, and involves travel
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Work in the largest global tourism group with international projects and teams
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts & special offers
- Development & career opportunities
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible working (understandably, some roles operate out of a specific location & to a set working pattern)
Plus lots more benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
UK & I Head Office Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.