Head of Crew Planning (m/f/d)
Depends on local regulations
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline regroups all airline activities across UK, Nordics, Belgium, The Netherlands, and Germany. The Crew Planning function operates as a multi-disciplinary team of experts driving efficiency and innovation and as Head of Crew Planning you will have a big leadership profile, navigating complex senior stakeholder relationships both internally and externally, with Accountable Managers (AMs), Nominated Persons (NPs), social partners and regulators, whilst developing, improving and leading a large team to deliver optimum and data-driven crew efficiency, and compliant rosters. In this role, you’ll report to the Head of Manpower & Crew Planning.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Leading the Crew Planning teams to ensure optimal planning of all Central Region Flight and Cabin Crew rosters, including training, from publication until 72hrs prior to the day of operation, ensuring rosters are optimised and fully compliant with Flight Time Limitations (FTLs), scheduling agreements, fatigue management and in accordance with LBA requirements
- Developing strong and collaborative working relationships with all stakeholders including NPs, AMs, Social Partners and Crew Management teams; navigating them to optimal solutions among competing priorities, ensuring robust and positive communication approaches, collaboratively identifying and pushing forward opportunities for continuous improvement, and influencing the development of industrial agreements aimed at maximising crew utilisation.
- Pursue optimal crew productivity and cost of delivery in accordance with FTLs, Industrial Agreements (including workers’ council) and any other regulatory requirements, and recommend appropriate changes to scheduling agreements, aiming for operational excellence by balancing commercial and operational requirements within the forecasted budget, training and manpower plan
- Play a key role in industrial relations negotiations within the Central Region, providing insight on risks, costs, benefits, desired outcomes and feasibility of proposed scheduling agreement changes, with supporting evidence as required, to inform negotiation strategy with proactive, timely and qualitative information sharing and alignment of decisions to influence optimal negotiated agreements
- Defining and developing comprehensive KPIs to drive crew efficiency throughout the crew planning process to achieve the optimum balance between quality, cost and productivity, thus resulting in effective decision-making
- Accelerate a data driven and data led decision making approach and create the environment and culture to enable continuous improvement in the operations with a focus on value and efficiency
- Drive the digitalisation process in your area, implementing and developing the most effective (IT-)tools in collaboration with your peers across TUI Airline to achieve optimal systems alignment, both contributing to and leading systems and innovation initiatives as required
- Operating as a unit with your senior crew scheduling peers in other markets, deputising for one another as required, and collectively driving forward TUI Airline objectives collaboratively, balancing regional necessities and idiosyncrasies without compromising TUI Airline goals
- Providing leadership and guidance to ensure a high performing team through developing and shaping a clear structure, providing direction and coaching
- Ensuring your team understand the importance of leadership development by acting as a role model in making time for, and showing commitment to, your own development as a leader
- Ensuring solid, authentic, and robust employee engagement within your team and cultivating an atmosphere aligned with our TUI values; Delivering innovative and creative engagement solutions to create a cohesive and change-ready community
- Design and implement the structure, framework, and environment to ensure the right people are in the right roles, identify future talent, and cultivating an atmosphere aligned with our TUI values and commitment from your team to operate as part of an international TUI Airline team with common goals
- Support and supervise the management of the crew contact team in conjunction with the TOCC leadership team, according to the organisational structure in place at any given time
- Ability to think strategically, commercially and operationally, and assimilate complex information with ease
- Logical, analytical and data-minded thinker with ability to generate ideas, solve problems and provide alternatives whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Familiarity with FTLs, Crew Planning processes and systems, and experience of negotiating with union representatives and /or works councils highly advantageous
- Skilled communicator, culturally sensitive with proven ability to skilfully influence, partner with senior leaders across TUI Airline, and lead change, gaining support & commitment from leaders, employees and powerful internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated leader who takes the initiative and works collaboratively with a track record of leading, motivating and developing teams
- Ability to operate in a changing environment and under time pressure
- Ability to operate across source markets with multiple stakeholders and customer groups
- Role requires strong business English, both spoken and written, and international travel
ABOUT OUR OFFER
Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
Competitive salary with commission scheme that rewards you for exceeding targets & discretionary bonus
Private medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
Discovery day – time to spend working at a local charity or community
Investment in your development, starting with an interactive web based workbook alongside your store induction
Pension scheme and life assurance.
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.