37.5 - 40
Palma de Mallorca, ES, 07000
Oporto, PT, 4050-345
Madrid, ES, 28010
|Hours per week:||37.5 – 40|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Airline Technology is a global team within TUI technology responsible effective delivery of IT capabilities that support our global airline. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join our Airline Analytics & Data Integration team which provides cloud services, data pipelines and data storage for multiple areas of the Airline business.
The Data Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art data engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Data Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables data engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain.
- Being an enthusiast in data engineering, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, you’ll use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs with full responsibility for its data flows from design to operation.
- You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to work closely with your colleagues to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture which is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
- You will work on data collection, data pipelines, data delivery to other systems and building a strong core data warehouse. Furthermore, you support your fellow Data Analysts and Data Scientists on data engineering tasks and work as a team to deliver data driven solutions.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes.
- Together with the domain’s teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You take part in Communities of Practice and collaborate in shared initiatives to grow your experience.
- You learn and grow in your role and welcome receiving support and coaching from senior colleagues.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Ability to design, implement and use different database structures
- Must have advanced SQL skills, Python knowledge a bonus, plus data profiling skills
- Experience with building ETL/ELT pipelines
- Hands on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. AWS, S3, Snowflake)
- Good conversion of high-level business & technical requirements into technical specs
- Feeling comfortable in using cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration, and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.