Head of Product - TUI App
London, United Kingdom
TUI’s mobile app is transforming to become the primary digital touchpoint for customers to book and manage their holidays. TUI’s Mobile App has become the critical touchpoint for a digital-first service model, providing our customers with self-service capability throughout their journey with TUI. We also have ambitious growth plans to deliver over £3-£4 billion sales annually to reach 20% of TUI’s revenue through the Mobile App.
Creating an industry leading app experience is a key factor in enabling this digital transformation. To achieve this, we are now seeking a strong and experienced product expert to lead TUI’s Mobile App product team and deliver an industry leading search and book experience for TUI’s core holiday product. This will involve defining the product strategy, agreeing and prioritising the feature roadmap across four cross-functional delivery teams, leading a large Product team and manage relationships with stakeholders across TUI including multiple GEC members. Delivering this at scale will require a unique blend of product management expertise, customer insight, technical know-how as well as strong leadership skills and the ability to navigate significant geographical, functional and structural complexity.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced product professional to lead the digital transformation of TUI’s business model.
Please note the closing date for applications is : Sunday 1st October
ABOUT THE JOB
Lead the Product Strategy, vision and roadmap
Define a product strategy and vision to create an industry leading App that our customers love, and grows to over £3 billion of sales and millions of users. Develop, prioritise and agree the detailed product roadmap across 4 cross-functional teams to deliver key objectives over the next 12-24 months, initiating strategic workstreams across TUI Group. Work closely with functional director, source market board and GEC stakeholders across all of TUI’s Group to gather inputs and feedback on the above, ensuring support and alignment with the product strategy & roadmap.
Design & Develop sales bookflows to deliver £3BN + Revenue
Manage and guide the Product Managers to lead the design, development and delivery of best in class app search and book flows for every source market tour operator, for hotels, for airlines and for destination experiences to enable the app to drive primary revenues of up to £3 billion over the coming years and associated ancillary revenues. Ensure buy-in and alignment with source markets and App Commercial & Marketing.
Design & Develop a merchandising and marketing proposition to reach 80% of customers and transform TUI’s operating model for App traffic management
Work with senior stakeholders from source markets, hotels, airlines, cruise, destination experiences and service centres to define core merchandising scenarios for the app to move people from upper funnel to booking, then design, test and develop app product propositions to successfully deliver to these. Measure the impact of merchandising tooling and it’s impact on product conversion to determine future product developments and drive local market decision making on moving traffic between web and app. Support mobile-first marketing capabilities through Braze to rapidly scale uptake of the app throughout the customer journey, so that it becomes the most used touchpoint at TUI.
Understand and drive KPI performance
Take ownership of KPIs (such as traffic volumes, app speed, conversion etc.) and ensure that all developments and optimisations are aligned to drive performance and have clear metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets. Highlight under-performance of metrics and develop plans in the roadmap and backlog in conjunction with market teams and mobile Product Managers to address these.
Engage Sponsors, Business Owners & Stakeholders effectively
Manage a variety of senior stakeholders throughout development and business areas, building strong working relations and ensuring alignment on key issues. Engage senior stakeholders up to CEO level across our European businesses, running meetings and producing board-standard communication to both explain issues, manage expectation and ensure ongoing support and prioritisation in market for mobile. Produce regular updates on development progress, KPI performance, and create high quality slides and visuals for regular and adhoc governance meetings with stakeholder at all levels including GEC board members.
Lead and develop the Product Team
Lead and manage activity for the Sales and Merchandising Product team working on the app (6 FTE), including line management of 2 Product Managers. Scale-up capacity to 4 feature teams through strong recruitment and retention, evolving team structures and sustaining an appropriate blend of product skills and experience. Support team members to develop their skill sets and give expert guidance and advice as appropriate. Annually agree team members’ annual objectives and conduct half-year and full-year performance reviews ensuring these are based on the key KPIs, i.e. sales and departure penetration.
Develop and Improve Ways of working
Continually evolve the way in which the Product work as part of cross-functional feature teams. Monitor industry trends to identify opportunities to mature ways of working and collaborate with IT to successfully embed and optimise agile practices. Ensure that the teams build technology in a way that attracts talent and drives retention. Work closely with other Product teams across TUI to build a Community of Practise that aligns ways of working, supports strong skill development and creates pathways for internal progression and advancement.
Leverage and develop expert business market and customer insight
Develop a good understanding of the wider travel industry, TUI’s business and wider dynamics in each source market, our competitors and new entrants considering business models, products, operations, and digital approaches. Understand the end-to-end journey for TUI customers in different markets and with different products and channels, understanding TUI’s customer segments and customer behaviors. Keep up-to-date with digital trends and developments from new technologies, competitor marketing, and industry trends. Ensure regular review of competitor features and capability. Use this insight to inform and influence plans and development around KPIs and marketing activity.
- Exceptional stakeholder management, able to develop trusted working relationships across multiple source markets and functional boundaries.,
- Exceptional communications and influencing skills, able to analyse and communicate complex concepts to create practical solutions and influence decisions that drive change and to communicate these at Steercos which include GEC Board members
- Exceptional delivery & product management skillsfocus, able to cut through complexity and drive progress, whilst maintaining alignment to strategy and business outcomes
- Strong customer & commercial focus, able to understand and champion the needs of our customers in every feature, whilst developing commercial opportunities for the business
- Strong collaborative working style, to interface successfully with colleagues and partners from around the business with a range of roles, skills and seniorities
- Strong understanding of relevant digital technologies, with the ability to harness their potential to drive value & identify opportunities to innovate to meet customers’ needs
- Good numeracy skills, able to digest and track KPIs and analyse and manipulate spreadsheets with formulae
- Strong team management skills, to lead and motivate the team and manage a team structure that allows scalability and fexlibility flexibility to deliver required roadmap deliveries
- Proven and significant senior lead experience in product, digital or e-commerce positions, with eExperience leading a team and developing team-members
- Experience working using with agile methodologies in product development
Experience working with and developing consumer-facing digital technologies, such as websites and/or apps, ideally in a travel, retail or equivalent e-commerce environment
ABOUT THE OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Car Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your immediate family
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.