SAP Technical Lead Development (ABAP) (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
37.5 - 40
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Corporate Systems is a global team within TUI technology responsible for maintaining and enhancing business critical applications and services for the global Finance and Human Resources functions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across all the legal entities of the TUI Group.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated SAP Senior Technical Consultant Developer to join the Corporate Systems organisation which powers TUI’s global Finance services and solutions across all European markets.
SAP Technical Lead Development (ABAP) is a key role within in the domain and is responsible for identifying and delivering technical solutions within the SAP landscape. You would be a mentor to the technical team with helping to translate business requirements and define functional solutions for the delivery of business value in line with business needs and TUI’s strategy. You need a strong track record of genuine delivery accountability in agile environments hands on delivery experience combined with successfully managing multiple initiatives and delivering projects and BAU enhancements in various situations.
As an SAP Technical Lead Development (ABAP) you will respond to Business and Technical requirements to make recommendations to improve and extend the functionality of the Finance System alongside resolving Incidents and supporting Changes/Project’s enhancing the solution. This requires an experienced SAP SD and FI functional configuration and bespoke solutions within an SAP environment with a heavy data integration through middleware technologies in the SAP proxy and AIF components on SAP.
You will be an expert in the SAP development technologies as a reference to guide the development team on solution approaches as well as a hands-on approach to resolving more complex technical issues e.g., performance, memory handling, interface solutions and ABAP coding.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As an SAP Technical Lead Development (ABAP) will see you tackling multiple challenges and working closely with the technical and functional delivery teams in various situations every day. You will need to be technical proficient for development on the SAP stack, resilient, innovative, and engaging in your practices to guide your team to provide technology solutions that result in the best possible digital experiences for our customers and technical teams for delivering change and supporting the solution. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying solution changes required to resolve issues and develop solution including ABAP developments and enhancements on the SAP solution as well as on several ReadSoft products.
We are looking for a talented, entrepreneurial, and inspirational individual to:
- Understand user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables
- Be able to analyse, design and implement technical changes to the SAP SD & FI (O2C & R2R) to support our SAP processes
- Provide knowledge and understanding of SAP FICO, SD and C&B concepts and process flows that they are able to both understand existing configuration and solutions and also design new solutions for new requirements
- Implement and support SAP Financials and Controlling to enhance the clients’ business functionality within SAP FI Accounts Payable as well as within ReadSoft products like Process Director and ReadSoft INVOICES.
- Act as liaison with the users for troubleshooting: investigate, analyse, and solve software problems as well as map the clients’ business requirements, processes, and objectives independently by developing high quality deliverables to satisfy the business needs.
- Design, code and correct complex ABAP programs and program modifications as custom development.
- Mastery of ABAP development using latest technology
- Hana experience or understanding to help guide the team on the Hana journey.
- Deep understanding of data integration using SAP proxy and/or AIF
- Understand the interactions between the SAP environment and surrounding systems as well as evaluate the impact of changes or additions.
- Understand which requirements can be achieved through customizing, system development or enhancements.
- Define test cases and run unit tests and system integration tests on developed, or modified system changes and support user acceptance testing as required for new user functionality.
- Be responsible for the successful maintenance of SAP including the provision of functional expertise, guidance, presentation and instruction on SAP products to the Business community.
- Act as liaison with the users for troubleshooting: investigate, analyse, and solve software problems as well as map the clients’ business requirements, processes and objectives by developing the necessary product modifications in order to satisfy the business needs.
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the SAP environment and evaluate the impact of changes or additions.
- Maintain a full up to date document set in Solution Manager
- Support testing as required for new solution functionality.
- Consult with peers on Incidents, changes and projects as required
- Familiarity with best practice interface technologies within a SAP environment and able to architect changes or enhancements to interfaces as required
- Create relevant documentation to ensure seamless deployments and easy support.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with diverse groups of individuals and the ability to maintain effective work relationships
- Deep understanding and experience with ABAP language and SAP development tools
- Technical experience within ABAP, data structures, interfacing, performance tuning, optimising code development, SAP enhancements, outputs using smartforms/adobe forms utilising SAP ABAP capability on ABAP 7.50 development stack (we are on ECC6 EhP8 with ABAP 7.50). Also key is at least one module understanding from Finance (FI) and/or Purchasing (PO).
- Nice to have is experience in customizing and development concepts of ReadSoft Process Director, Web Application, Email Based Approval, ReadSoft INVOICES, and Mobile App.
- Strong English language written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently on larger or more complex business requirements.
- Problem analysis and solving abilities.
- Ability to work on multiple topics simultaneously, meet deadlines, and properly escalate issues for a timely resolution.
- Self-motivated team player that thrives in a collaborative and competitive environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Experience with in-/outbound interfaces to/from other systems for example AIF
- Experience in SAP end-to-end process of SD/FI/PO processes
- Exposure to accounting experience (FI-AR) within an SAP environment
- Exposure to Finance / SD Revenue recognition processes
- Provide deep SAP application knowledge in relevant areas on best practices and troubleshooting techniques to help drive improvements in the solution
- Support the change/release plan to ensure changes are timely and well-managed
- Provide input and advice to the Design Authority, helping to ensure that correct decisions are made
- Experience in working with Agile methodologies and ways of working
- Mastery of moderation, presentation, visualisation techniques and feedback methods with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including near shore/offshore colleagues or external partners
- High standard of professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Quality mindset, delivering high quality products and supporting others to achieve and maintain a high standard
- Great communicator, facilitator, and influencer comfortable working with a variety of technology and business stakeholders
- Able to understand technical concepts and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.