Product Owner Networking
Lisbon, PT, 1050-220
Oporto, PT, 4050-345
Madrid, ES, 28010
|Hours per week:||37.5-40|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Enablers is a global team within TUI Group responsible for the effective delivery of IT capabilities that support our product teams building a world-class global digital travel experience using APIs, cloud & on-premises platforms and DevOps methodologies. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in digital sales within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented, dedicated and experienced Product Owner to join the Enablers technology organisation which provides solutions, consultancy, education and guidance from getting started to running in the cloud (through the creation of cloud native, cost effective, reliable and secure solutions), as well as operational excellence on transient on-premises solutions being transitioned to cloud.
This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation and ongoing evolution of global cloud-based e-commerce solutions and services powering one of Europe’s largest travel and experience websites with over 700m visits and over €6.5bn revenue per year.
The Product Owner will own a set of engagements with IT product teams and will be responsible for defining stories, team backlog and streamline the execution of priorities to drive a suite of cloud and/or on-premises capabilities. You will work closely with the Technology Team Lead who will help translate your requirements into technical deliverables.
Our Cloud & On-premises teams are embedded in ‘pods’, providing design leadership and expertise throughout the lifecycle for their area of responsibility – which may be co-building a solution with a product team, providing best practice on the use of particular capabilities or building new, reusable ones for wider adoption.
Our Product Owners will develop a passion for creating delightful, easy to use technology solutions that deliver value. They have a high-level understanding of digital, an understanding of Agile and good communication skills. They use these skills to engage with their stakeholders and manage their backlogs. They contribute ideas, input into ideation and roadmaps and are a positive member of their Product team delivering new technology capabilities.
ABOUT THE JOB
Contribute to the Product Vision and Roadmap:
- Pro-actively contribute to a compelling Product Vision and Strategy using stimulus such as the IT Strategy, customer needs, stakeholders’ needs and external best practice (incl. risk/compliance/security).
- Understand business and customer needs (from all markets)
- Translate high-level product roadmap into achievable product backlog features.
- You’ll communicate the overall strategy and goals for your Product to your Product team(s). You’ll then input into ideation and start to engage with stakeholders and other teams to create new ideas.
- Define, develop and prioritise the product backlog for your product team(s).
- Work with analysts and optimisation & insights to ensure that all product Epics and features have a clear line of sight to business value and are prioritised to deliver maximum commercial benefit from development time.
- Ensure that product dependencies on other product teams across TUI are well understood and briefed to relevant product managers.
- Translate high-level product roadmap into achievable product backlog items. Provide insight for defining and planning the overall Product Roadmap based on specialised knowledge in your area.
- Ensure you have a clear prioritised backlog and roadmap which will increase engagement, conversion and other KPI’s.
- In collaboration with the whole team(s) compose and validate User Epics, User Stories and Acceptance Criteria to a high standard before releasing.
- Discuss technical debt with delivery team(s) and priorities.
Monitor and drive KPI business performance:
- Define (monitor & drive) high level product KPIs, OKRs or success metrics
- Work with analysts and optimisation & insights and take personal ownership of relevant KPIs and ensure that all developments are aligned to drive performance and have clear metrics, tracking mechanisms and targets.
- Experiment often and use ‘Inspect & Adapt’ approach to continuously refine
- Use all data sources available to understand how to improve adoption
- Highlight under-performance of metrics and develop plans in the roadmap and backlog in to address these.
- Liaise with a variety of key stakeholders in development and business areas, building strong working relationships, e.g. Product Managers, relevant Business Directors, Heads of Technology in Enablers, Customers, Service Desk members and product teams and pods in other domains.
- Create informative and inspiring demos to bring the features to life for stakeholders and the team.
- Provide regular high-quality updates to stakeholders, ensuring that deliveries across the product team are showcased and future feature prioritization is well understood.
- Work closely with stakeholders and ensure all stakeholders are updated on a regular basis.
- Produce regular updates on development progress, KPI performance, and comms for governance meetings.
Deliver enhancements and new features:
- Drive feature delivery with product teams.
- Work with your team(s) to ensure all features are of the highest quality and delivered timely.
- Ensure best practice approach to product ownership.
- Works with your team(s) and your stakeholders to generate new ideas.
- Liaise with a variety of key stakeholders in development and business areas.
- Gain and maintain an expert understanding of the travel industry, TUI’s business and our drivers of value and wider dynamics in each source market and our competitors.
- Understand TUI’s customer segments and behaviors. Use this insight to inform and influence plans and development around KPIs
- Ensure TUI’s product backlog maintains a healthy balance between new and innovative capabilities with market onboarding and optimisation.
- Passionate about cloud and on-premises solutions and able to work backwards to technology.
- Solid understanding of IT capabilities and how to support product teams to onboard cloud platforms and transition out of transient on-premises infrastructure, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security, FinOps services and education & training.
- Ability to deliver strategic network initiatives within your Product portfolio to stakeholders, across the areas of Data Centre connectivity, Office connectivity, Retail connectivity, Airline connectivity and global networking services.
- Appetency to work in a team of Product Owners with the mission to build a consistent technology capability for the whole Cloud & On-Premises Enablers and the ambition to collaborate in and/or share responsibilities across the team, to deliver global standards and industry best practices in the form of technology solutions.
- You are expected to have expertise in on-premises and user networks (such as the switch fabric, load balancers, SD-WAN, DWDM and others), internet connectivity (ISPs), corporate backbone (incl. WAN connections and routing), virtual private networks, domain and host config tools (such as DNS, DHCP, IP management, NTP or others), network protection assets (such as DDoS, IDS, IPS, AMP, firewalls or other) and on-prem CA serf-service tools. You are expected to be fascinated by all areas of knowledge of cloud platforms and highly interested on methods to transition to cloud infrastructure.
- Sound expertise on all areas of knowledge of cloud platforms, in order to continuously innovate, extend and co-build new solutions with customers. You’ll have particular know-how and interest over an initial set of products comprised of the Direct Connect, Transit Gateway, default networking incl. VPCs, cloud (hybrid) DNS, the TUI AWS Private CA and TUI IP network ranges. You’ll have a passion for setting the course of the transition from traditional technology towards cloud-based solutions.
- Customer focused with passion for operational excellence.
- Solid understanding of Agile, and able to manage a product backlog.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate the Product Strategy to the team.
- Able to understand user feedback and analytics and make informed decisions.
- High level knowledge of IT capabilities and thinking customer first.
- Able to positively engage with stakeholders and their Product team.
- Good commercial and decision-making skills, able to input into Ideation and Roadmaps.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Able to contribute to making clear and well-thought recommendations to influence decisions.
- Focussed on outcomes, not solutions. Bold with ambitious strategies and an ability to motivate others to achieve these goals.
- Numerical, able to understand quantitative and qualitative data from tools such as Adobe, Decibel Insight and customer research and use this data naturally to generate insights and ideas.
- Experience in proactively identifying opportunities and problem solving.
- Knowledge of AB and MVT testing.
An understanding of brilliant user experience, and an ability to deliver this whilst removing complexity.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.