Site Reliability Engineer
37.5 - 40 hours
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Accommodation domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for all IT related work and systems around the sourcing of accommodations / hotel rooms. This spans across wholesale contracts and all dynamic sources for hotels. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the Accommodation technology organisation which enables our partner domains to put hotels on sale by providing services like Connect.TUI (Channel-Manager connections), Desti-Link (Bedbank and Switch connections), Destimo (Contracting & Supplier-Self-Service), BookHub (handling of reservations towards our partners) as well as Cache solutions.
The Site Reliability Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused site reliability practices, ensuring high quality of software products and services with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods. Reading and working with technical data exchange formats and the data flows between different microservices is key in his daily work to identify the root causes of the incidents, work on the technical resolution and align properly to the correspondent teams. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Site Reliability Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables site reliability engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in SRE, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
You will use your deep technical skills to enable your team to deliver operation excellence, ensure and improve reliability, performance, maintainability of systems and services. You work closely with your team to understand the operational processes, technical and business needs of the products and services your team is responsible for. You ensure observability of systems and services, support change and configuration management. You will be involved in raising operational readiness requirements as part of the development life cycle and validate software development and delivery is consistent, meeting the specified requirements. You are hunting for performance optimisations and recognize upcoming problems before our customers are impacted. You will continuously improve CI/CD and automation maturity and efficiency. You will support your team with efficient incident handling and quick reaction to production problems. For this you can expect to take part in on-call rota 24/7. You can work hands-on, being able to tackle the whole design, build, test, deploy cycle and thus also take proactive corrective action where required.
You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the teams in the Domains, relevant Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Experience working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment keeping systems, applications, site and services up.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and in managing scaled cloud systems, the various tools and services, infrastructure-as-code (eg.: Gitlab), and DevSecOps practices.
- Capable to understand and follow standard protocols to restore the IT services to the normal operation as quickly as possible.
- Good communication skills and positive personality handling high critical issues with all stakeholders and internal customer teams.
- Incident Management for Production Environments.
- Ticket handling via JIRA
- Strong experience with monitoring/observability solutions, preferably Datadog, as well as with incident response solutions, like PagerDuty
- Willingness to take part in on-call rota 24/7
- Good Knowledge of technical data exchange formats like JSON, XML and YAML
- Experience with technical API-technologies like REST and SOAP and corresponding tools like Postman
- Ability to apply server operating system administrative knowledge.
- Good knowledge of networking and security aspects
- Customer centric, Business oriented passionate about delivering great digital products and services.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- Experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Automation expertise, hands-on with some programming languages (ex.: Java, Python)
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our DNA here.