Project Manager Engineering & Maintenance (m/w/d)
Luton, Vereinigtes Königreich
Abhängig von lokalen Bestimmungen
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline regroups all airline activities across UK, Nordics, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Morocco, France, and the Dutch Antilles. Transformation & Change is a function within our airline organisation. The Transformation & Change function operates as a multi-disciplinary team of experts driving efficiency and innovation.
As Project Manager Engineering & Maintenance, you will support the delivery of the TUI Airline Transformation Programme in Engineering & Maintenance by providing high quality planning and organisational skills to drive the implementation of selected projects within your responsibility. Due to the current and mid-term focus of our transformation, we would be especially interested in Project Managers who have existing exposure in the Aviation sector.
In this role, you’ll report to the Director of Transformation & Change.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be expected to visibly manage the implementation progress of projects within the TUI Airline Engineering & Maintenance function working closely with business sponsors, airlines and source market leads – providing support and challenge as necessary.
- You will be asked to provide strategic input into the development of the business and offer challenge where required to maximise the potential of the future platform.
- You will have full accountability for the overall project plan for Engineering & Maintenance, obtaining input from all work stream leads (primarily Engineering & Maintenance, including relevant support functions such as HR, IT and Finance as well as other functions such as Airline Operations, Ground Operations, In-flight Service, Supplier Management & Procurement) as appropriate and will manage the programme in a manner that delivers the component project outputs needed to support the intended value of the programme business case.
- In addition, you will be responsible to support the preparation of regular reporting of operational and financial KPIs for the various board meetings (e.g. GEC, Airline Board) and assist with the preparation of the functional risk report if needed.
- You will develop programme delivery strategy, managing inter-portfolio dependencies and capturing available synergies.
- A key part of the role will be to identify, resolve and escalate as appropriate any issues / risks to delivery, and manage dependencies tightly to ensure momentum is not lost.
- You must ensure that appropriate project governance is in place, and report into those governance groups on a regular basis with recommendations on any required decisions, as well as on the status of risk and dependencies. We promote a proactive escalation culture on the programme and will expect the Programme & Project Manager role to lead the way on this.
- Using your skill of making complex issues understandable for all stakeholders, you will prepare for and attend key stakeholder forums including Boards and Steering Group meetings. From time to time you may be required to develop business cases that require approval of the Group Executive Committee and the Airline Board ensuring that you adequately ‘tell the story’ of the business direction.
- Ensure high delivery standards and performance of project teams formed by internal employees, contractors and external suppliers in a matrix organisation, being actively involved in the identification of the right resources.
- You will possess the ability to input into and manage the Engineering & maintenance project budget including any third party resources.
- You will embrace and input in to the wider TUI Airline strategy to ensure the requirements for our source markets, customers and airlines are met and that you are aligned to the wider vision in terms of business model and IT infrastructure.
- Demonstrable project management experience and knowledge of project management principles preferably in a multi-site cross cultural complex consensus driven organisation. Preferably with a background in the aviation/airline industry.
- Experience in the field of Engineering & Maintenance in aviation, preferable in change programmes.
- Proven experience of business case development and benefits management as well as excellent analytical skills in consideration, evaluation and making business case decisions.
- Demonstrable experience of building consensus around change, influencing multiple stakeholders and managing conflicting agendas.
- Ability to challenge, engage, negotiate and inspire project team members, peers and stakeholders at all levels (including Group Executive level) both inside and outside the division, across multiple markets within Europe and internationally as required.
- Understand both internal and external customer needs, balancing these with commercial drivers.
- Ability to think strategically and commercially: see the bigger picture, analyse complex problems and quickly evaluate options to meet business expectations.
- Excellent communicator with the capability to interact, facilitate and influence a diverse group of stakeholders and satisfy the information needs.
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity, being able to quickly adapt to changes in priority.
- Team player with a collaborative and supportive approach and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Role requires strong business English, both spoken and written, additional language skills would be appreciated, and may involve some international travel.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel.If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click Unsere DNA.