Microsoft Systems & Cloud Engineer
37.5 - 40
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Atcore Platform Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for the booking and reservation system. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the newly formed “Atcore Platform – Sourcing” technology organisation which operates the core application of TUI’s booking workflow.
The Windows System Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Windows System Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think out of the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Windows System Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables cloud engineering skills and capabilities across TUI. Being an enthusiast in operating Windows on an Enterprise level with a DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills, you will work to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs.
- You will work with your team to shape engineering processes and practices, promote quality-first ethos, champion continuous improvement and technical excellence.
- You will contribute to the delivery of technical solutions and will work within a Product team to ensure the correct solution is engineered, addressing the technical needs and requirements of the business.
- You will achieve this by delivering changes across the IT stack in collaboration with Agile delivery teams, using on-premise as well as cloud technologies and common automation, ensuring successful deliverables within agreed time and quality targets.
- You will diligently care about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- With your team you will design and implement secure, scalable, on-premise and cloud-native solutions and be responsible for driving architecture, design, development, security and operations.
- You will use your strong technical skills to work with your colleagues to improve expertise in on-premise and cloud solution architectures, infrastructure-as-code approaches, focused DevSecOps capabilities, tooling, processes, ways of working. To achieve this, you will be required to understand the coding standards defined within TUI, AWS software technologies and UI standards to create successful and quality deliverables.
- You will need to ensure that software development and delivery is consistent. You will take proactive corrective action where required, for example quality improvement of the software code and improving automation to enhance software delivery.
- You have a proven record in delivering on premise and cloud enablement services to teams, supporting them in their adoption of the AWS (or other) cloud platform, with a strong focus on platform provisioning and configuration, onboarding and consultation, well-architected, operational health, platform security, FinOps services and education & training.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the different teams in the IT Domains, relevant Practice teams as well as other Enabler teams you will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives. You are able to set relevant day-to-day priorities independently and able to support junior colleagues.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Applied knowledge of working with highly available, distributed systems and services in on-premise and cloud environments.
- Good skill set for understanding and solving problems spanning one or more teams/areas with appropriate quality and quantity.
- Ability to own large pieces of work, often with team-wide or even cross-team impact.
- Proven hands-on experience with AWS and in designing and implementing scaled cloud systems with a focus on solution architecture, using a range of tools and services, infrastructure-as-code, DevSecOps and security engineering practices.
- Expected to define and maintain standards, best practices for managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources and ensuring teams follow appropriate processes.
- Strong understanding of scripting languages, e.g. powershell, bash.
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI with terraform.
- Strong knowledge of networking technologies, e.g. IP, DNS, firewalling, load-balancing and VPNs.
- Associate level or higher AWS certification, Windows certification.
- Up-to-date knowledge of cybersecurity threats, current best practices, threat modelling and risk mitigation techniques.
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services.
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset.
- Be an advocate of the DevOps culture and principles.
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills.
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics).
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Ensure 24/7 system availability.
- Provide cross-departmental assurance of the required service quality.
- Provide services according to the service definition or the design and quality agreed with the customer.
- Plan, deploy and test new releases within the given system architecture and customise the systems in coordination with customers or application developers.
- Support system-specific tasks in the context of application migrations.
- Analyse existing systems in terms of performance, utilisation and degree of utilisation as well as advise customers or application developers on cost optimisation, tuning potentials and performance effects.
- Develop and implement backup and restart concepts.
- Develop and implement appropriate procedures and standards and monitor compliance with privacy and data security requirements.
- Assign and manage system access rights.
- Automat operations.
- Ensure up-to-date documentation of the assigned systems and system components.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.