Senior Finance Analyst (m/f/d)
37.5 - 40
**This position is hybrid and requires a presence in our Porto office.**
A finance opportunity has arisen to join TUI IT as a Senior Finance Analyst – TUI Technology Portugal (TUI Tech PT), within the IT Finance function.
This new role will play a part in the delivering finance reporting requirements for IT, being the key interface between the newly established TUI Tech PT entity, central TUI IT Finance teams and the TUI Group Reporting and Controlling functions.
The role will play a key role in the reporting and analysis of the financials from TUI Tech PT, the employing entity for internal IT headcount based in Portugal that are working across a number of Group IT Domains. Working closely with the wider IT Finance team you will ensure that all major aspects of financial accounting & control are completed in-line with Group accounting deadlines and policies, ensuring the integrity of the entities financial information.
Owning the recharges from TUI Tech PT, the role will be key in providing accurate forecast and actuals detail to Customers within the TUI Group.
Additionally, you will be responsible for managing the relationship with the current external accounting provider that is responsible for the maintenance of the TUI Tech PT ledger, reviewing and challenging the financial information monthly to ensure financials are accurate, true, complete and in-line with expectations.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual that will help set-up, maintain and document processes for this newly created entity that is a key part of the TUI IT strategy moving forward.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Monthly – TUI Tech PT
- Overseeing the completion of month end for TUI Tech PT, ensuring that monthly financials are accurate, completed on time, understood and variances explained.
- Work closely with external accounting provider to review month end processing in the TUI Tech PT, which includes reviewing and approving of invoice coding, reviewing Staff cost allocations, ensuring intercompany balances are agreed and balance sheet accounts are reconciled, reviewed and approved.
- Manage the production of monthly management accounting information pack for TUI Tech PT MD, which includes P&L and BS analysis.
Management of consolidated monthly TUI Tech PT Reporting – working closely with the wider IT Finance Team you will be responsible for the reporting of the TUI Tech PT entity that will be part of the Group IT structure with the AOS Division in the Group, making sure that Group Reporting deadlines are met and HFM actuals and forecast submissions and commentary are provided in-line with group expectations. This will include but not be limited to:
- Month end flash reporting
- Variance analysis and commentary
- Monthly forecasting of EBIT and Cash
- TUI Tech PT Tableau Reporting load
- Responsibility for the headcount reporting and payroll postings in TUI Tech PT, working alongside external accounting providers and IT domains Finance and HR team to ensure costs are presented in the correct domain and in-line with expectations.
- Monthly Cashflow management for TUI Tech PT, ensuring Receipts and Payments forecast and HFM cashflow load are submitted to the relevant personnel.
TUI Tech PT Recharges
- Responsibility for the calculation of TUI Tech PT recharges, ensuring staff are recharged in-line with expectation and to the correct Group entities.
- Ownership of TUI Tech PT recharge forecast, including allocation of shared costs, providing regular updates to IT Finance teams in order to improve accuracy of forecast and ensure impact of recharge true-ups is minimized.
Budget and 3YP – TUI Tech PT
- Production of budgets for TUI Tech PT and communication of related recharges across IT Domains, working with Domains Finance Business Partner and Domain Owners to prepare challenging but realistic budgets and 3-year plans. Supporting and also challenging the function owners on the assumptions made in the budget.
- Work with wider IT Finance team to drive process improvement by developing common approaches to the way in which we manage our approach to end-to-end financial reporting.
- Work with and support Group Financial Accounting team with identifying and resolving any accounting issues, promoting communication of developments, and considering accounting and reporting implications. Ensure the integrity of HFM reporting for TUI Tech PT.
- Completion of required Quarter-end HFM reporting processes for TUI Tech PT.
- Input into the preparation of the TUI Tech PT statutory accounts and any other local reporting requirements, ensuring compliance with latest International financial reporting standards (IFRS) and local GAAP.
- Work with auditors as part of the quarterly reviews and Year End audit.
- Part / nearly qualified accountant or European university degree in business administration or similar, preferably with a focus on finance or controlling, and a couple years of experience working in finance/controlling
- Demonstrable experience working with large data sets with ability to transform data in meaningful output.
- Confidence to work with and challenge senior management.
- Ability to develop and build good working relationships with both Financial and non-Financial colleagues at all levels.
- Be able to work autonomously with little support, with the ability to use own initiative to solve problems.
- A proven track record of developing processes and reports and ability to improve operational efficiencies.
- Good excel and powerpoint skills
- Work proficiency in English, spoken and written
ABOUT OUR OFFER:
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working hybrid from one of our offices
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Generous holiday entitlement & holiday discounts
- Forward thinking ways of working
- TUI time off, purchase of additional holiday entitlement
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.