Working student (m/f/d) Sustainability Technology
**The workplace is Hannover, with the possibility of remote work.**
ABOUT THE JOB
How can organizations meet sustainability challenges, be profitable, and innovate? Leading companies understand that achieving ambitious sustainability goals requires a systemic approach to transformation. Technology can be a major driver for sustainability, but the impact of the solution needs to be mitigated so that it doesn’t become part the problem. TUI has therefore implemented technology and data as a focus area of its Sustainability Agenda:
By using technology innovation to drive sustainability initiatives and transform the business model (sustainability BY technology)
By measuring the ESG impacts of technology, and working to ensure it’s designed, developed, and deployed sustainably (sustainability OF technology)
If you are interested in driving our Sustainability Technology Strategy and in finding ways to establish and promote sustainable IT use within TUI Group, then we are looking forward hearing from you! An explicit IT background is not necessary. There is the possibility to combine the position with a bachelor or master thesis.
HOW CAN YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Support the team in driving the sustainability transformation of TUI Technology
- Engage our group of changemakers ‘Green Tech Reps’ with organization of events, volunteering programs and community management
- Conduct research on how technology can drive and support sustainability transformation within TUI, key trends in the industry, and the most pressing developments in the area of technology sustainability
- Support in implementing strategic projects of the Sustainability Technology Strategy
- Support in creating communication materials, presentation slides
- Possibility to participate in conferences, workshops and trainings
- Bachelor or Master’s studies in the field of environmental or sustainability management, economics, IT, engineering, or similar
- First hands-on experience in sustainability or technology
- Keen interest in one or more of the following topics: ESG data and analysis, community management, sustainability awareness, Circular economy, green tech innovation, carbon footprint measurement and reduction scenarios or related fields
- Ability to work in virtual and international team set-ups
- Hands-on working mentality with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English. German skills are an advantage
- Microsoft Office knowledge, especially PowerPoint and Excel
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI(hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
Your uniqueness can be our inspiration for the future of travel. If you would like to learn more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us, simply visit our DNA. We encourage people with disabilities to apply.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +49 (0)511 566-6465
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.