Senior Quality Engineer
37.5 - 40
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. In the Domain Content, Wheels & Cruise is a global team within TUI technology responsible for TUI own websites for Car Rental. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Senior Quality Engineer to join the newly formed Domain Content, Wheels & Cruise technology organisation which is responsible for different sourcing systems e.g. for Car Hire but as well for the corresponding TUI own B2C websites and micro frontends.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be part of a cross-functional team or a practice team that enables quality engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in creating flawlessly working software solutions for our customers, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects. With your advanced skillset for understanding and solving problems you are able to take full ownership of complex topics or multi-faceted initiatives and outcomes panning across your domain.
- You use your deep technical skills to work with your team on defining, executing and maintaining efficient, highly automated test setups over the whole testing pyramid, from functional testing, integration and contract testing to performance and load testing.
- You are responsible for defining and executing an appropriate testing strategy that is aligned on domain level as well as ensuring the availability of suitable test data. You also help to realise efficient solution for assuring quality where automation comes up against its limitations.
- You coach and support your colleagues with deep knowledge to improve expertise in ensuring the quality of software products over the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications.
- You coach and guide more junior Quality Engineers and help them to grow and develop their expertise.
- You help to continuously advance tooling, processes, and ways of working, always having our customers in mind, and thus embed all-team quality ownership.
- You also work with Product Owners to ensure testable feature specifications and champion approaches like test-driven development or behaviour-driven development.
- You tackle the whole cycle of designing, building, testing, and deploying software and contribute to increasing automation.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You demonstrate active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives. For this you are well-connected across the domain and within the broader TUI community.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Deep and proven practical knowledge of and expertise in quality assurance practices, tools and methods in an agile context and at scale
- Strong technical prowess in all quality assurance areas including automation, functional, contract, integration, performance and load testing.
- Experience with automation testing tools (e.g., Playwright)
- Deep practical knowledge of software engineering practices like BDD and TDD
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Compelling coaching and training skills for imparting professional software engineering skills
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills.
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g., like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.