Data Quality Engineer (M/F/D)
Palma de Mallorca, ES, 07000
Oporto, PT, 4050-345
Lisbon, PT, 1050-220
|Hours per week:||37,5-40|
|Type of contract:||Permanent|
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Marketing, Sales and Common Analytics is a global team within TUI technology responsible for CX, Sales and Digital Analytics. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal. We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
The Data Quality Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of quality-focused delivery practices, ensuring high quality of data products and services with an appropriate toolkit of technologies and methods. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Data Quality Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As a Data Quality Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables quality engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain.
- Being an enthusiast in creating flawlessly working data products and solutions for our customers and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team in delivering the best answers to our customers’ needs and in taking over full responsibility for the quality of our data products.
- You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to work with your team on defining, executing and maintaining efficient, highly automated test setups over the whole testing pyramid, from functional testing, integration testing to performance and load testing. You are responsible for defining an appropriate testing strategy and ensuring the availability of suitable test scenarios.
- You will also help to realise efficient solution for assuring quality where automation comes up against its limitations.
- You will coach and support your colleagues with deep knowledge to improve expertise in ensuring the quality of the data products over the whole cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying products, automated tests and monitoring.
- You will help to continuously advance tooling, processes, and ways of working, always having our customers in mind, and thus embed all-team quality ownership.
- You will also work with Product Owners to ensure testable feature specifications and champion approaches like test-driven development or behaviour-driven development.
- Also Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes.
- Together with the domain’s Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
- You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team.
- You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
- You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Deep and practical knowledge of and expertise in quality assurance practices, tools and methods in an agile context and at scale
- Strong technical prowess in all quality assurance areas including automation, functional, contract, integration, performance and load testing
- Hands on experience with modern data storage systems (e.g. S3, Snowflake)
- Feeling comfortable using AWS, Kubernetes, Docker and Airflow;
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills; hands-on ELT experience using tools like dbt and dbt tests
- Ability to understand and create test cases & strategies
- Strong visualization skills (e.g. Tableau)
- Good experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Customer-centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating a true data engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Open-minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.