Microsoft Exchange Platform Engineer
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Markets & Colleagues is a global team within TUI technology responsible for delivering colleague computing IT Services. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
The Platform Engineer is a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art cloud & on prem engineering practices who is able to tackle the whole software development cycle of designing, building, testing and deploying applications. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Platform Engineer is a lifelong learner and likes to think outside the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Platform Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that provides a platform across multiple domains.
Your main tasks will be
- Administration of our OnPremise & Cloud Exchange infrastructure (Windows Server)
- Manage, configure, and maintain on-premises Exchange servers.
- Automate routine tasks and processes using scripting (PowerShell or other automation tools).
- Monitor server performance, availability, and security.
- Perform routine system and software upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and resolve email and communication system issues.
- Implement and maintain email security measures.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to integrate Exchange services with other systems.
- Provide support and assistance to end-users with email-related problems.
- Document system configurations, changes, and procedures.
You’ll help other teams adopt your platform through direct engagement. You care for operational readiness, ensure observability of your platform and service. You work hands-on, and are able to tackle the whole design, build, test, deploy cycle.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
- Proven experience as an Exchange Administrator or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server, Exchange online, MS 365
- Strong understanding of email systems and protocols (SMTP, IMAP, POP).
- Familiarity with email security best practices.
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Good communication skills
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.