TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Corporate domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for finance business solutions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated solution architect to join the finance service.
The Solution Architect is responsible for the architecture landscape of the finance service within a multi-service program and oversees key technical and design decisions from ideation through to implementation. You collaborate closely with Heads of Product, Heads of Technology and other key stakeholders, and have a shared responsibility for the overall business outcomes for your area. You act as your domain’s spokesperson in senior technical engagements with other domains.
You are an advocate for state-of-the-art architecture within the domain and are well-connected within the global finance communities.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Solution Architect, you are responsible for the creation of technology and organisational transformation activities and technology direction. In collaboration with technology leaders including the Head of Architecture and other senior architects, you will help shape a vision and strategies regarding IT architecture to translate business opportunities and customer expectations into innovative IT solutions within the finance service.
You identify and implement improvement architectural practices in an agile environment and map the discrepancy between the current processes and the desired state to continuously innovate processes and adapt them to market trends. You also ensure that technical implementation is in accordance with the enterprise and solution architecture standards, and the objectives of the organisation.
You maintain a strong understanding of the bigger picture, keeping yourself continuously informed of the latest innovations, technologies, patterns and practices in solution architecture. You think ahead and understand the overall business context and strategy and use these insights to shape emergent architecture of the finance business applications. You ensure we have the architecture capacity, capabilities and culture to deliver business outcomes sustainably and with the right level of quality from the outset.
As an experienced specialist in a scaled cloud environment you have implemented finance business solutions already. You will participate in, or even lead, domain-wide engineering excellence efforts and propose high impact initiatives and projects. You and your colleagues will work closely with Technology Team Lead, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Solution Architects in teams to continuously improve domain capabilities.
You are an active member of the global finance business solutions and architecture communities. You love to learn and acquire new skills and you enjoy teaching others. You are not afraid to get stuck in and work directly with teams – you hate being in an ivory tower.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- An experienced architect authentic servant leader with passion for technology and finance business solutions architecture.
- Proven track record in designing architecture blueprints and the optimisation of them to drive development and innovation.
- Proficiency in translating business vision into viable technical strategies and in conveying such strategies back to business stakeholders.
- Experience in working in an agile environment and able to integrate architecture practises in an agile way of working.
- Provide technical leadership to the finance business solutio communities and able to step up from the detail to see the full context and develop a long-term vision.
- Good grasp of experience with cloud technology, design patterns, micro-services, CI/CD and DevSecOps.
- Hands on experience designing and developing event driven architecture on AWS.
- Experience on integration with ERP systems RACS or SAP.
- Experience in .net based technology.
- Experience on Finance processes.
- Great communicator and facilitator comfortable working across organisational and market boundaries and managing senior stakeholders. Able to disagree yet align.
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous.
- Enjoys and gets energized by complex technical problem solving with an ability to push innovation through technical solutions.
- Being a valuable team member of TUI, the No.1 global and socially aware travel company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Smart working (Flexible hours) and possibility of working remotely up to 100% or Hybrid from one of our offices.
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team.
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com