Technology Team Lead - Customer Account
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Customer Account is a global team within TUI technology responsible for providing our customers best-in-class One TUI Customer Account that enables a seamless digital experience across our digital platforms.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated leader to join the Customer Account Pod technology organisation which is an enabler to increase KPI’s across different business areas by providing a better digital experience, convert and retain more customers, upsell, merchandising, capture data and permissions and grow CSAT.
Technology Team Lead is a key role within in the domain and is responsible for a leadership of one (or more) cross-functional team/s and for the delivery of business value in line with business needs and TUI’s strategy. You need a strong track record of genuine delivery accountability in agile environments, hands on delivery experience combined with successfully managing multiple initiatives and stakeholders in various situations.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a Technology Team Lead, your role will see you tackling multiple challenges and working closely with the Product Owner and with a varied set of stakeholders in various situations every day. You’ll need to be resilient, innovative and engaging in your practices to guide your team to provide technology solutions that result in the best possible digital experiences for our customers.
You will need to have an awareness of a range of technologies along with the ability to understand architecture and design of digital systems to effectively lead and support a team of software developers and other technology professionals.
In your role, one of your key responsibilities is to the people you support, ensuring that they are growing within their area of expertise, acquiring new skills, doing valuable work, working well together and feeling engaged and supported. You will act as a servant leader and enabler for your team, helping to develop and maintain delivery plans, timescales, resource requirements, key deliverables/milestones, risks and progress. You will take responsibility for expansion and further development of agility within your area and the domain. You will focus on helping your team to self-organise, and to keep increasing its capabilities and autonomy.
You will identify and actively manage impediments, assuring transparent communication on the progress, the impediments & solutions. You will excel at identifying, de-escalating and resolving conflicts within and between teams. In collaboration with the Head of Technology, you will also plan and manage costs of your team and pro-actively look for efficiencies and motivate your team to achieve the agreed objective and KPIs for your team/pod and the strategic results for the Customer Account Pod as a whole. Where relevant, you will also take responsibility for prioritisation of work within technical teams.
You will be responsible (dependent on market jurisdiction rules) for identification and recruitment of new talent into your team, coaching and mentoring existing and new team members and supporting their career development. You will focus on creating a culture of technical excellence, innovation, learning and continuous improvement.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Experience of delivery using a modern Software Development Lifecycle with a technical understanding of each step in the lifecycle, the importance of SDLC practices for an effective team and a proven record of advocating for and leading continuous improvement in technical best practices.
- Strong experience in Scrum/Agile practices and delivering business value and driving continuous improvement
- Good understanding of software architecture strategies and design patterns and the impact choices in this area have on software delivery such as in performance, maintainability and extensibility.
- Have an innovation mindset, keeping on top of the latest trends and techniques in both technology and processes and understanding how and when to apply these to your team and work.
- Understanding of the different phases of product delivery with the ability to contribute to, plan and run them. Experience maintaining a product through the delivery phases into live and then into retirement, iterating the product through its lifespan to continuously meet user needs.
- Able to support effective budget management with the constraints given for your team and monitor projected budgets against expenditure.
- Experience of incident management and service support processes and applying these to product to ensure that it is built effectively.
- Able to define, measure and own KPIs for the team’s performance, using these to continuously improve efficiency and engagement.
- Mastery of moderation, presentation, visualisation techniques and feedback methods with good influencing skills and the ability to make yourself understood to a wide range of staff including near shore/offshore colleagues or partners.
- A true believer that autonomy, empowerment and accountability should be in the teams
- Experience in leading and coaching others in an international environment.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.