Business Rule Manager Flight Content (m/f/d)
Luton, United Kingdom
*The position can be performed from one of our EU / UK locations.
*Application documents can be submitted in German or English.
*The position offers the possibility of mobile work with an office presence as required.*
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. The Global Flight Marketplace (GFMP) within the TUI Group provides all own airline and 3rd party flights including flight products and ancillaries for own and secondary distribution B2C and B2B.
Global Commercial Management Flight Only within the GFMP is a global team responsible for the commercial decisions around intermediary flight only business – OTA and consolidator (e.g. TUI Ticket Shop) business across all TUI markets.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts who have commercial ownership of the different business models, are responsible to control Business rules as well as Product manager, Sales Force and a team of Commercial Analysts. Our main goal is to offer our clients the best flight product for their needs – online on our website or offline in the shops.
Become part of the TUI Group’s Global Flight Marketplace and actively shape our success. We are looking for a Business Rule Manager Flight Content (m/f/d) as soon as possible.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Definition and control of the flight portfolio and the end customer prices (including margins and fees) for the individual flight seat in the respective direct and indirect distribution channels as well as ensuring the bookability of the flight content in the international markets (DE, AT, CH, BE, NL, UK, FR).
- Central responsibility for the further development of the business rule engine (BRE) to control margins and fees for the brokered Flight Only business, the bookable flight content as well as for other BRE functionalities (e.g. promotions, media sales) as well as their coordination with the sales managers in the local markets
- Central point of contact for the profitability and margin of the Flight Only OTA & Consolidator business models and in this context the creation and co-responsibility of central/international quantity and result planning as well as the business case
- Central responsibility for the content presentation of 3rd party airline products in the distribution interfaces (product offering, placement, price, conditions, payment methods) as well as the content design of functional requirements and their prioritization with IT
- Definition and monitoring of business KPIs as well as reports on their development/goal achievement up to senior executive level (e.g. TUID management)
- Central contact for the local markets regarding the BRE regarding the product structure, control and functionalities of the BRE
- Execution of market analyzes and competition benchmarks
- Management and participation in local and group-wide projects
- Introduction of innovative control mechanisms, for example via AI solutions in collaboration with TUI Group functions (e.g. data science)
- University degree with an economic orientation (tourism management, business administration or a comparable focus) , statistics, mathematics, computer science or natural sciences, each with a focus on quantitative analytical methods
- Experience with product management and/or air fares
- Leadership experience desirable
- Several years of professional experience in price and product management in the flight sector
- Knowledge of Office 365, IRISplus, New Skies and Amadeus (GDS), Spotfire/Tableau, Jira and Confluence preferred
- Fluent English skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills as well as very good ability to work with numerical data
- Strong focus on results, problem-solving skills and initiative
- Independent and structured way of working combined with a high level of quality awareness, flexibility and reliability
- Very good in-depth understanding of flight procurement and flight marketing (added value for the players in the airline industry)
- Confident demeanor and assertiveness as well as convincing communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of the German and European tourism and air transport market and their distribution systems
- Team-oriented and interpersonal skills
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Mobile working and flexible working hours: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: newWork@TUI (hybrid working) & TUI Workwide (Working from abroad)
- Development and career opportunities: We promote the potential of our employees with a wide range of (digital) training opportunities and international career opportunities.
- Personal benefits: We offer attractive remuneration with holiday bonus, generous travel benefits, extensive health & wellbeing offers and much more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.