PR & Communications Manager - Marella Cruises
Luton, United Kingdom
The PR & Communications Manager will help shape and oversee the delivery of an impactful earned media and internal communications strategy for Marella Cruises. This role will act the as lead for the Cruise business, supporting the Managing Director and GM Customer Experience, and working closely with colleagues, particularly the Marketing team, as well as agency partners.
It’s an exciting time for Marella Cruises as the business looks ahead to increase its position within the cruise industry and wider TUI business. Whilst still a valued part of the TUI family, Marella Cruises has its own distinct personality and culture and we’re looking for talented people with a curious outlook, energetic mind-set and can-do attitude to help bring it to life for customers and colleagues.
At TUI we believe that work is something you do not somewhere you go, therefore we are pleased to advise we can consider a hybrid working model for this role. Closing date for applications will be Friday 1st December. The first interview stage will take place w/c 11th December.
ABOUT THE JOB
- PR & earned media strategy: Working closely with the General Manager, Customer Experience, alongside their brand and social media team, the PR manager will shape the PR and earned media strategy and ensure its effective delivery. This includes the creation and coordination of media events and press trips. They will also manage agencies to deliver campaigns and ensure plans are strategically aligned with commercial and communications objectives as well as establishing effective measurement frameworks. The PR manager will also support the social media manager with the amplification of the social influencer strategy, and be responsible for effective management of the PR budget.
- Proactive press office: They will be responsible for establishing and managing a fast-paced and agile proactive consumer press office, developing and nurturing strong media and influencer relationships and generating a drum beat of coverage across the year.
- Reactive press office & reputation management: As well as running a best-in-class proactive press office, the comms manager will be responsible for reactive press office and reputation management, ensuring that any issues are dealt with swiftly with minimum impact to the business. They will also provide support if required for reactive customer communications as a result of ad hoc itinerary changes
- Comms planning: Oversee the calendar of integrated communications keeping pace with the evolution of the Marella Cruises business as well as seasonal changes, external factors and shifts in consumer behaviour. Ensuring our plans and messaging are right for their context and crafted to meet customer and colleagues’ needs. Measuring effectiveness and adjusting our approach where necessary.
- Brand partnerships: Working with the Senior Marketing Manager to identify opportunities, and develop and deliver effective brand and media partnerships.
- Employee and community engagement: Ensuring all colleagues and partners are bought into the current and future plans for Marella Cruises and are excited to go on the journey. Develop strong relationships with our operational and customer facing teams to find the stories that showcase Marella’s USPs. Seek opportunities to foster advocacy within our colleague community.
- Industry representation and recognition: Own the calendar and planning of industry events and awards nights, and develop Marella’s presence in B2B channels.
- Marella Cruises champion: Continuous development of Marella Cruises knowledge. Seek all opportunities to quickly become an expert in our product, brand and customers.
- Occasional travel required to our ships
- Cruise enthusiast, or passionate to learn about this industry, with a love of travel
- Significant experience of delivering high-profile brand campaigns and a track record in news generation.
- Someone who is totally plugged into the consumer media and social influencer landscape with the ability to set strategy, ensure implementation to a high standard and be able to demonstrate understanding of effective evaluation.
- Experience of managing agency partners and leading an integrated team to deliver strong results. Experience of working both agency-side and in-house would be an advantage.
- Experience of press office, managing reactive / crisis communications and an ability to pre-empt and diffuse potentially difficult issues for the business.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain excellent relationships with media, influencers and internal stakeholders.
- An innovative self-starter who enjoys shaping the agenda and developing something from the ground up. They will be energised by change, with the confidence to challenge the status quo and the imagination to apply new and different ways of thinking.
- Organised, responsive, resourceful and able to juggle competing business priorities.
- Strategic thinker with excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance, single cover with option to add dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Pension scheme and life assurance
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application is important to us and we aim to get back to you shortly after the closing date
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
UK & I Head Office Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.