Crew Relations Manager - LGW
Horley, United Kingdom
You will be joining TUI Airways at a time of significant strategic growth, which provides a great opportunity to directly contribute to the Northern Region Airlines culture for both our customers and our people.
The Customer Delivery team are responsible for the performance of our sizeable and remote esteemed Cabin Crew community to ensure that we deliver a unique and memorable on-board experience for our customers. Reporting into the People & Performance Manager you will play a pivitol role in driving cabin crew engagement and good employee relations by influencing and ensuring they feel valued and understood.
The role will be based onsite at Gatwick Airport with some requirement to works shift and weekends, so flexibility will be required.
Applications close 3 December 2023
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible for the delivery of the defined people and culture strategy, creating a safe and enjoyable working environment for our Cabin Crew community
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of Cabin Crew welfare, people management and employee relations which will include absence management and supporting crew back into the workplace
- Work collaboratively with our HR colleagues you will use your knowledge and experience to ensure that all HR related activity is dealt with effectively whilst balancing a strong colleague centric ethic to achieve the right outcome
- Balancing the needs of the business you will use data analysis and reporting alongside crew feedback to spot trends, recommend solutions and implement changes to ensure that every opportunity is taken to drive a positive culture and engagement
- Play a key role in embedding all training initiatives and people development at your base alongside supporting the on-boarding and mentoring of our Re-joiners and new entrant Cabin Crew each year
- Working in a highly unionised environment you will be an effective communicator and decision maker with natural influencing skills and will demonstrate the ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures whilst identifying areas of improvement
- Flexibility to work variable shift patterns to include weekends and a rota which will be shared a minimum of 4 weeks in advance. You will assume on call responsibilities on a rotational basis
- Employee relation case management: Disciplinary, grievance, absence and performance
- A proven track record of employee relations expertise gained in highly unionised environment
- Experience in supporting training, inductions and on-boarding to support colleague engagement
- People and performance management
- Significant colleague satisfaction experience ideally within an aviation environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels with the ability to communicate effectively and with impact to front line teams
- A track record of strong analytical expertise and evaluation
- Change management experience in remote teams
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills collaborating with cross functional teams
Excellent organisation and planning skills, competent in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Excellent rates with foreign exchange
- Pension scheme and life assurance.
We want to be the best-loved holiday company not only for our customers, but for our colleagues too. That’s why we offer a variety of benefits that go above and beyond a competitive salary, so we can help you to live your best life happily at TUI. Click here to find out more.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you require any further information regarding this opportunity, please email email@example.com
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
UK & I Head Office Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.