37.5 - 40
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. CVM technology analytics is a team responsible for ingesting, modelling and extracting data in the TUI Central Region for CRM purposes. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical enthusiast to join the Analytics Master Domain organisation which provides state of the art data products.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that enables data engineering skills and capabilities across a whole domain. Being an enthusiast in data engineering, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, you’ll use your excellent collaboration skills to work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs with full responsibility for its data flows from design to operation.
- You will use your deep technical skills to work closely with your colleagues to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture which is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You will work on data collection, data pipelines, data delivery to other systems and building a strong core data warehouse.
- You will Support your fellow Data Analysts and Data Scientists on data engineering tasks and work as a team to deliver data driven solutions.
- You will Build and maintain data processing systems, including data ingestion, data quality control, and data warehousing.
- In addition to ensuring operational and analytical excellence you will be working on connecting on-premise data with cloud computing
- Perform root cause analysis to identify and resolve data quality issues.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail in ensuring the quality of your work, encompassing comprehensive documentation and stringent security measures.
- Work experience as a Data Engineer or similar
- Strong SQL and data profiling skills – enjoy working with data, process analytics and development, understanding of common architectures. Experience in data modelling with ETL (e.g., usage of Informatica) and scheduling (e.g., UC4, airflow).
- Knowledge of BI applications such as Power BI, Tableau or Spotfire.
- Able to work with GitLab or similar tools for code management.
- Preferred experience with AWS and Snowflake
- Preferred experience with Big Data projects
- Good communications and influencing skills, with the ability to explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Critical thinker and able to provide constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Engineering or similar
- Experience in the Tourism Industry is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German skills is a plus.
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Please Note: These vacancies will be managed by an International Recruitment Team and therefore your application may be viewed by TUI colleagues outside your home country.