Tours & Activities Specialist
George Town, Malaysia
As a Supply Management Executive at TUI Musement you will own assigned operators and/or destinations within a specific country area in order to support commercial relation with suppliers and contract all needed components across different segments (excursions, tickets, multi-day tours, shorex, transfers, etc.) and areas. In this perspective, your main objective will be to build up local offer based on different requirements and driving higher margins to support TUI Musement bottom line results. Besides margins growth, key performance metrics include the achievement of product targets at destination level including quality of the same. You will be working in a dedicated and autonomous team of experts managing end-to-end objectives as set up by TUI Musement strategy from a sourcing standpoint. Key for this role will be your capability of creating and supporting commercial relationships with local operators and venues, including attractions museums public venues.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage all commercial relationships and support commercial growth by building strong relationships with tour, activity and ticketing suppliers in the top destinations and venues in the region for our online and offline business
- Support the suppliers’ enrolment and onboarding process to our online platform
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the destination, constantly seeking new leads and opportunities to acquire unique and exceptional Shore Excursions in the region for our cruise clients
- Ensure that the company secures the best offers from suppliers, negotiating rates in line with the agreed-upon strategy and requirements
- Be an expert in your destination – generating new leads and strategic acquisition of new and unique products
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape and tourism trends in the region
- Must-have: Malaysian tour and activities knowledge (including supplier knowledge)
- Must-have: Proven negotiation, analytical and numerical skills and fluency in English
- Previous experience in sales/purchase of activities, multiday tours and Shorex is highly desirable
- Knowledge of the Philippines and Brunei would be highly advantageous
- A strong commercial mindset with a successful record of closing deals and building strategic partnerships
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment and to quickly address issues
- Understanding of digital components and new industry standards, with particular regard to API-based connectivity, channel managers, and reservation technologies) is highly desirable
- Comfortable with targets and working in a key results-driven environment with different priorities
- Solid knowledge of digital tools (e.g. Salesforce).
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits as standard
- Career progression opportunities in more than 50 countries worldwide
- Develop yourself as part of a friendly, richly diverse and virtual international team
- Exceptional approach to your learning – access to free learning platforms & language lessons
TUI Musement is a leading Tours & Activities business. It combines a scalable digital platform with local service delivery, to offer excursions, activities, tickets and transfers in more than 50 countries worldwide. There are over 130,000 ‘things to do’ in all major holiday and city destinations, which are distributed through B2B partners, via the Musement and TUI websites and direct to TUI customers. We also offer services to cruise lines through Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services in ports worldwide. TUI Musement sold around 10 million excursions, tours and activities delivered by our international colleagues located around the world and is one of the major growth areas of TUI Group.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Phone: +34 971 709 115
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.