Birmingham, United Kingdom
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Within TUI Group, TUI Airline combines all airline activities. Engineering & Maintenance is a truly international multi-disciplinary team, with a common mission. We combine highly specialised technical expertise with a blend of agility, problem-solving, innovation and pragmatism, to ensure we continue to deliver on our ambition to become stronger, smarter, and faster in the most cost efficient and sustainable way.
ABOUT THE JOB
Reporting to the Line Maintenance Manager, you will lead highly skilled team(s) ensuring your base(s) operate safely, punctually and in a cost effective manner by the development, management and delivery of line maintenance support.
This will include:
• Leading your team, ensuring they are appropriately trained, motivated and resourced to provide world leading operational performance for TUI Airline at multiple locations within Europe.
• Drive a performance orientated approach, delivering excellence in technical dispatch reliability,
whilst continuously focussing on the technical health of the cabin health of the fleet to minimise
acceptable deferred defects.
• Establishing and maintaining cross departmental relationships.
• Manage your teams shift patterns/roster to support the operational program in the most efficient
manner, ensuring an up to date manpower plan is available at all times.
• Support away from base requirements, scheduled and non-scheduled AOG recovery.
• Build a common culture of excellence within your team.
• Maintain departmental policies and procedures to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
• Engage/develop/maintain relationships internally and externally promoting the TUI group and
increasing the awareness of our strategy.
• Ensure your facilities and team comply with CAA/EASA/H+S/EMS/Local aerodrome regulations.
• Provide the LMM updates/reports as required, both operationally and financially.
• Deputise for the LMM and any other reasonable management requests
Licenced engineer holding and able to maintain, Part 145 approval on B737NG/MAX, and B787
• Significant operational maintenance experience.
• An experienced team manager, with knowledge and confidence in performance management and HR processes.
• A logical thinker with the ability to generate ideas, alternatives, and solutions.
• Excellent communication skills, within all areas of the business and also with our external
• Ability to manage and implement numerous issues/projects alongside the normal day to day
schedule operation without losing any focus.
• Strong organisational skills and sound office IT skills.
• The ability to manage a team and to maintain departmental standards, procedures and manning
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers and the ability to purchase additional ‘TUI time off’
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Financial, Health, Social, Community and Career
- Pension scheme and life assurance
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here
Do you have any questions regarding this job offer? Get in touch!
Airline Talent Acquisition Team
Please note: Only for questions or queries. Applications will only be accepted via the Careers Portal.