TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Colleague Computing is a global team within TUI technology responsible for effective delivery of all the common IT services our colleagues need to provide excellent service to our customers.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated person to join the Colleague Computing technology organisation which provides everything, from IT service desk capabilities to IT device management and Collaboration services, to our colleagues.
The Atlassian Administratoris a practitioner and an advocate of state-of-the-art cloud engineering practices. Working in an agile environment and keeping up with the ever-evolving technical landscape the Atlassian Administrator is a lifelong learner and likes to think out of the box.
ABOUT THE JOB
- As an Atlassian Administrator, you will be part of a cross-functional team which operates the application and underlying platform for products like Jira, Jira Service Management and Confluence across multiple domains. Being an enthusiast in cloud engineering and development, with a strong DevSecOps mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its platform, from design to operation. You care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
- You will use your deep technical skills to build and run the applications and platforms as part of your team. You will use expertise in developing and operating technical platforms to enable our business development teams to work more efficiently. You can expect to help other teams to adopt your platform in a direct engagement.
- You will care for operational readiness, ensure observability of your platform and service. You will continuously improve CI/CD and automation maturity and efficiency. You can work hands-on, being able to tackle the whole design, build, test, deploy cycle.
Your main responsibilities will consist of:
- Administration and configuration of IT tools like Jira, Confluence and Jira Service Management as well as associated third-party plug-ins
- Operation and optimisation of the infrastructure underlying the tools, e.g. cloud servers, databases, networks etc.
- Automation of cloud infrastructure changes (IaC)
- Creation and operation of interfaces to other technical systems
- Participation in interdisciplinary project teams, e.g. for migration tasks
- Adding articles to the knowledge bases aimed at the team itself or the tools’ users
- Resolution of technical issues and service requests
- You are able to verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the teams in the Domains, relevant Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively. You are demonstrating active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
- You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
- Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Experience working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets
- Ability to understand and shape engineering workflows
- Desire to build self-service capability for the platform consumers
- Programming skills at a proficient level to work with multiple software development technologies
- Experience with CI/CD, preferably Gitlab CI
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Demonstrating true engineering craftsmanship mindset
- Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Understanding of social and ethical implications of software engineering (e.g. like described in the ACM Code of Ethics)
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
- In addition, the following skills and qualifications are an advantage:
- Experience in the administration of Confluence, Jira and ideally Jira Service Management; ideally also with other Atlassian products (OpsGenie, Statuspage, etc.)
- Experience with ITSM Tools, knowledge of ITIL processes
- Project management skills and experience
- Experience in the migration of ITSM tools, ideally Atlassian applications
- Experience in automation of processes
- Database management knowledge and experience
German language skills
At TUI we have set standards for placing people in specific roles and levels of experience. We are very keen to ensure that everyone recognizes themselves in the role with the level of experience they deserve. For this purpose, we have adopted a matrix of skills that we use to accompany people to progress in their career path by setting specific personal goals for each one.
To learn more about our career ladder, read here
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you’ll be based in
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit our Smile page Click here